R322

Standard Bore
Ride
2006 rocket 3
Hows it going guys..

Just after some advice please..
Ive been riding my bike into work for couple weeks now and its started to take longer to fully turn over as in start..
Now before this started to happen it use to just fire after a few cranks,now its cranking but not firing,then i have to killswitch and then crank it again..i have to repeat this about 3 to 4 times and then it finally fires and then its running like normal...?once its started shes going like a dream.. now i suspect that it maybe the fuel pump or injectors as i can smell fuel after cranking but no fire..?
when i hit the killswitch and then switch it on again the fuel pump does sound abit sketchy and didnt sound smooth like it use to before...i dont want to start buying new parts unless im sure of the issue.. Any thoughts?

Before this all started to happen about 2500kms ago i serviced my bike as in oil,oil filter,air filter, 6 new spark plugs and also had the battery on charger which indicates fully charged.i checked the fuses at this time and they wer ok,i havnt checked them recently tho?.i have jus recently checked the battery again and its still indicating full so my suspicion is a fuel issue? Whats your thoughts guys any help would be greatly appreciated cheers..

Hello and welcome!
I don't know what the problem is but you should not be able to smell unburnt gas so I think you are on the right track with a fuel problem of some kind.

Hello and welcome!
I don't know what the problem is but you should not be able to smell unburnt gas so I think you are on the right track with a fuel problem of some kind.
Yeah its unusual aye..?

Also check it hoses under the tank when u let ur tank down u might've pinched them I have done that a few times

Hows it going guys..

Ive been riding my bike into work for couple weeks now and its started to take longer to fully turn over as in start..
Now before this started to happen it use to just fire after a few cranks,now its cranking but not firing,then i have to killswitch and then crank it again..i have to repeat this about 3 to 4 times and then it finally fires and then its running like normal...?once its started shes going like a dream.. now i suspect that it maybe the fuel pump or injectors as i can smell fuel after cranking but no fire..?
when i hit the killswitch and then switch it on again the fuel pump does sound abit sketchy and didnt sound smooth like it use to before...i dont want to start buying new parts unless im sure of the issue.. Any thoughts?

Before this all started to happen about 2500kms ago i serviced my bike as in oil,oil filter,air filter, 6 new spark plugs and also had the battery on charger which indicates fully charged.i checked the fuses at this time and they wer ok,i havnt checked them recently tho?.i have jus recently checked the battery again and its still indicating full so my suspicion is a fuel issue? Whats your thoughts guys any help would be greatly appreciated cheers..
Does anyou
Also check it hoses under the tank when u let ur tank down u might've pinched them I have done that a few times
Will do man..i have just ordered fuel pump and filter so when i do the job i will update..looks pretty strate foward looking at your pics? I have had the tank off when i done my spark plugs so should be that much of a hassle.

Let me add two points. First, I suggest you check the battery while running and ensure you are getting the proper voltage. It's not uncommon a bad battery not under a load checks fine. This just happened to my father-in-law on his Triumph T-140E. Battery tested good so he took it in to a battery shop to double check and it failed under load.
Second, on my '14 R3T (same basic engine), the manual specifically states not to use the engine kill/cut-off switch unless it's an emergency. Just use the key. I'd check your manual and see if it says the same for your year.
I hope you get her back into tip-top-shape soon! :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Hows it going guys..

Hows it going guys..found the colperate..
Checked the crank position sensor and there were metalic flakes on the connector so i cleaned those up and man she fired up with just a few cranks..that could be your problem for a hard starter cheerd

Back