slidderhd

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 R3T
When starting cold, no issues. Once the bike is warm, I hear the relay click, but the bike doesn't turn over. I put in gear and release clutch to bump motor to maybe loosen it. When I try starter again, 3 out of 4 times it starts.

Check all terminals and connections around battery, starter motor etc for cleanliness and tightness. Check battery has full charge.

I just replaced the negative wire on my bike with two new ones. The bike starts so much better than ever before. My OEM cable was beginning to go bad due to corrosion and folks here tell me that 8 ga wire is not big enough to begin with.

I fought this issue on and off for 2 years with my 05. Started replacing the solenoid contacts and it would work for weeks to months then click again. Added doubled up cables and worked for a bit. I bought the larger starter and after a few weeks it started clicking again. It boggles me yet that bumping the engine worked as the starter does not stay in contact with the flywheel. I still suspect the crankshaft position sensor but have no verification of that. Finally got tired of it and totaled the bike 6 weeks ago and bought a 15 R3T ;);). Starts just fine, thank you.

Back