Start problems 2008 Rocket 3 Tourer

atomsplitter

Living Legend
Ride
17 T-120 Black, 20 Bobber Black, 98 Trophy 1200
Check your battery capacity? You may have enough amps to kick the bendix but not enough to turn the motor. If that's good then your starter relay may be bad.

Put in a brand new battery and new relay see problem. My remote start button I installed years ago bypasses the relay altogether and still only kicks out bendix.

Put a charger (with a starter) on the battery and see if the additional amps get the starter to turn. If not your starter has issues.

270,000 miles, mapmaker!!!

Hell, we should take up a collection to buy you a brand new roadster for that mind-boggling achievement.:Tip-Hat:

Also, I admire your restraint, man - just 5 posts in 6 years of membership - impressive!!!

Oh, Man!.... Send me some of your Karma! 270,000 miles!! I've never had a bike that I could keep after 50 K miles. Oh my God! 270K!!

I'm with you, Zen'! I love my Roadie, but have way too short of an attention span to put that many miles on one bike.

Mapmaker, did you get your starting problem sorted?
He might have ya know, but we have to wait till next year to find out so he doesn't screw up his posts per year average. :)

Back