"standard" position footpegs

transalpian

.020 Over
Greetings! I've got a 2005 Rocket 3 with the OEM position controls. I just finished an 800 mile trip and, more than one, wished for footpegs (or boards) in a more standard, non-cruiser position.

I've read a lot of threads on moving the controls both forward and backward. I don't need to do that.

What I'd like to do, is add a second set of pegs (or floorboards) on the stock mounting rail in a more rearward position.

My bike is a hack rig, so lean angle is irrelevant.

Any reason why I can't do this? Anyone tried it before? I'd think any clamp on pegs for a 1" bar should work? Better ideas?

Thank you in advance!!

One of our European members did just that, crafting a little stub set that only jutted out a couple inches or less, but enough to rest the heels on. I remember asking him at the time for a set.. he'd put in an awful lot of hours machining his.

He also reversed the rear brake and the shifter with linkage to create a right shift bike.

Please let me know what you find!

I was thinking about something like this:

Shown on a GL1800 which also has a 1" bar. (I'm pretty sure the Triumph uses a 1", but I need to measure tonight.)

Thoughts?

I've been looking to add some Kuryakyn Iso Wings behind the floorboards on mine. I had the Switchblades with the flip out heel rests on my Vulcan and they were great for long hauls.

Greetings! I've got a 2005 Rocket 3 with the OEM position controls. I just finished an 800 mile trip and, more than one, wished for footpegs (or boards) in a more standard, non-cruiser position.

I've read a lot of threads on moving the controls both forward and backward. I don't need to do that.

What I'd like to do, is add a second set of pegs (or floorboards) on the stock mounting rail in a more rearward position.

My bike is a hack rig, so lean angle is irrelevant.

Any reason why I can't do this? Anyone tried it before? I'd think any clamp on pegs for a 1" bar should work? Better ideas?

Thank you in advance!!

What's a "hack rig"?:confused:

I've thought about it myself; want some way of lifting my weight of my arse now and then on a trip. I did buy some accessory pegs once and mounted them but didn't do it properly so they rotated on the rail when I put my full weight down. I've thought for a while that I'd get some thing fabricated that bolted to the actual rail mounts or even just replace one of the bolts with a peg, bent to shape.

The European member was French. If I can find the pics he posted I'll post them. They looked pretty handy I must say.

For now I put my feet back on the pillion pegs when my arse needs a rest. Not ideal but it works - provided you don't have a passenger.

I've thought about it myself; want some way of lifting my weight of my arse now and then on a trip. I did buy some accessory pegs once and mounted them but didn't do it properly so they rotated on the rail when I put my full weight down. I've thought for a while that I'd get some thing fabricated that bolted to the actual rail mounts or even just replace one of the bolts with a peg, bent to shape.

The European member was French. If I can find the pics he posted I'll post them. They looked pretty handy I must say.

For now I put my feet back on the pillion pegs when my arse needs a rest. Not ideal but it works - provided you don't have a passenger.

I believe it was KILDEROUGE..oops you beat me to it

Back