Evil Mitch

LETS RIDE
Ride
2022 Triumph Rocket 3R
I have the Tors and triumph cat delete spaghetti pipe collector on my rocket with the standard headers . only kept the standard headers because i prefer the factory look of the chrome covers even though i know custom headers done rite would be better performance wise.
Also did the triple K&N upgrade
but i have been looking at the staintune pipes and like the look of them and was wondering how much different the sound and performance would be going from tors to staintune?
I have a tune in with tune ecu also to accommodate my k&N filters tors and cat delete and wonder if it would need to be changed for staintune or swapped for pcv and dyno?

any thoughts or observations welcomed?
regards Mitch:cool:

My brother and I both have 2006 Rocket Standards. He has the TORs and I have the Staintunes.

TORS are much, much louder but have, at least to me, an annoying "bark" to them.

My Staintunes have a nice rumble and a throaty sound under power but are mostly silent at highway speeds. Great for touring. In fact, I get a lot more intake noise from the 3xK&N's than from the exhaust.

I can't really speak to the power difference. My brother's bike with the TORS and triples had a custom dyno tune with Tuneboy and runs like a scalded ape.

Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity for a custom tune so I know that I'm running a bit lean.

Ok thanks for the info TDragger
I think ill stay with the tors then becoase im happy with them just wanted a bit more noise at idle or cruising speed
Mine is a bit of a scalded ape also:cool:

Mitch I have the Staintunes and CanberraR3 has Tors,even says the Staintunes have a nicer sound but the bigger difference is that the Tors have less flow than the Staintunes Tors 1 1/4 inch outlet Staintunes 1 1/2 outlet I have a tune from TuneECU for the Staintunes and have also got Blasted bones tune which while a little bit richer makes the bike go like it is on streiods haveing ridden CanberraR3's bike the Staintunes have a lot more midrange punch and while not as raucous as the Tors are fairly loud but more purpose full if you open it up. just my biased opinion:D

Mitch I have the Staintunes and CanberraR3 has Tors,even says the Staintunes have a nicer sound but the bigger difference is that the Tors have less flow than the Staintunes Tors 1 1/4 inch outlet Staintunes 1 1/2 outlet I have a tune from TuneECU for the Staintunes and have also got Blasted bones tune which while a little bit richer makes the bike go like it is on streiods haveing ridden CanberraR3's bike the Staintunes have a lot more midrange punch and while not as raucous as the Tors are fairly loud but more purpose full if you open it up. just my biased opinion:D
Thanks Hanso i am still considering them i like the look of them also not to different from the tors but i like the openings at the ends
Do you have the staintune collector cat bypass on yours hanso or just the silencers?

I have the full Staintune but if you wanted to save cost you could use your triumph spagety collecter it just doesnt flow as good as the staintune spagety collecter.
I am soon to recieve my Thug/Predator style header from Sam in the states so will have even better flow and I have apredator tune from Wayne Tripp waiting to go in then I will take it to a dyno to get it fine tuned as per Waynes suggestion:D

While I'm very happy with TORs, I do like the sound of the Staintunes. Can't comment on power because Hanso won't let me ride his bike - just kidding; I know he'd have no issue. ;)
Probably only downside is that they're stainless and therefore not a perfect match to the chrome heat shields and seem to discolour. I could be tempted to swap mine over but not if it was going to cost a lot to do it. Bike runs better than I ever hoped with TORS anyway and I'm happy enough with the sound.

While I'm very happy with TORs, I do like the sound of the Staintunes. Can't comment on power because Hanso won't let me ride his bike - just kidding; I know he'd have no issue. ;)
Probably only downside is that they're stainless and therefore not a perfect match to the chrome heat shields and seem to discolour. I could be tempted to swap mine over but not if it was going to cost a lot to do it. Bike runs better than I ever hoped with TORS anyway and I'm happy enough with the sound.
come on now!:D you weren't sure about riding on the darkside:cool:

Oh and by the way I am thinking of getting the Staintunes Ceramic coated to match the headers but the discolureation is not that hard to poilsh:D

I have the full Staintune but if you wanted to save cost you could use your triumph spaghetti collector it just doesn't flow as good as the staintune spaghetti collector.
I am soon to receive my Thug/Predator style header from Sam in the states so will have even better flow and I have apredator tune from Wayne Tripp waiting to go in then I will take it to a dyno to get it fine tuned as per Waynes suggestion:D
If i did change i would do the whole package custom headers staintune collector and silencers. Guess i could get them chromed to stop the heat discoloration .
Id probably go for the pcv and dyno then atleast i could sell the tors to regain some of the money.
Not sure yet i am very happy with the tors but im always looking for something to change or improve the headers would have to look neat and have a shield so they looked like they wher meant to be there from the beginning.
Can you chrome stainless ??

Back