Stainless Steel Micronic Oil Filter

would be good to know more about these. i have been looking at them for a while and all i could find about them is how great they are but the info is only on the site promoting them. no 3rd party recommendation always concerns me.

Looks like a person goes with the Purolator One or a Mobile One and changes it about every 5000 the factory recommends changing your mobile one oil every 10,000 you should be in good shape because you would have to run 200,000 miles just to recover the cost of the other one and he does make a good point about cleaning

My interest in one of these style filters was to be able to monitor metal flakes and swarf passing through the engine, trans, and clutch assemblies in the hope that I could detect early failures...

You don't have to change the engine oil or waste a can with this filter type if you just wanted to see what is accumilating inside the filter between scheduled oil changes.

( A lot can happen inside the motor thats being thrashed over year )

With the existing eng oil filter it has to be cut open and the micro fibre unrolled..
But Not Cut with a Hack Saw for obvious reasons..:rolleyes:

I was going to get one of these but the shipping to Oz killed it..

Would still like one.. If we get an Oz group buy for saving $$$.. Im in :D

for the price of one of those filters, and considering you need to clean it you can purchase 20 KN filters over the next 200,000 mile instead. Do not waste your time.

They are such a crappy sale that drag spec dropped them because they sold 3 filter last year in a global market. Tells you these suck.

Alloy Filter Purchase

My opinion (I know you didn't ask)

The R3 can deliver some nasty surprises usually the one's you find when it's too late :(

How many of you are un qualified wrenches.. but carry out the R3 self service and maintenace work.. many I am sure and no disrespect is intended here..:)

Checking the debris in the Oil Filter is an early warning that things are failing..
But having said this and before someone jumps on me.. there will always be some metal swarf in the filter as in normal wear and tear.

Its the quantity and a magnet tells.. alloy or steel.
I just feel that this filter check between services is important when you consider whats in the Crank Case and fed by the Oil..
IE. Engine components, Clutch components, Gearbox components, plus the extra stress and torque we put into the Motor, drive train and wheels delivered by extra tuning mods and additions.

Ask a Locomotive, Aircraft or Marine engineer about Preventative Maintenence and you will find that in most cases Oil samples are analysed for metal content..

If you Guys Cut Open( Not with a Hacksaw Please!) the Old Filter Canister and check filter paper then your onto it..

I just think that this filter system makes the anaylsis job quicker and easier for the outlay.... After all it is a ROCKET !! :D

:soapbox: ....... JMHO. :cool:

Dennis

Back