Spray Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.J

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket III 2005/ Triumph Rocket 3 R 2020
I am in the UK so different laws apply over here. I was wondering if anyone has had any parts on their bike spray chromed,as there is a company 10 mins from me that does this work and looking at their gallery it is great,also you can have the chrome any color you want,and it is as good as re-chroming so i have been told, and you do not have to send the parts away,because it is a spray and not dipping in a tank,you can get the job done more simple. I and thinking of going to see them when they return from the holidays to find out the cost of spraying my engine a blinding Chrome can you imagine that,and my crash helmet as well, they can more or less spray anything,if you have had anything to do with this process please let me know what you think,if you have no knowledge of this Please do not tell me i should not do this and can not do that because at the end of the day it is my bike,:banghead::banghead: i just want to hear from anyone who has tried this Thank You MJ

Mate - I saw this process online ages ago (Jay Leno) - The key, as always, is in the preparation.

If you want that "mirror" look the base surface has to be spotless. Basically it's the same process as mirroring glass. I had thought of actually buying into the process.

The block - That will come out as dimply chrome. Unless you get it polished first. Lids come out well in general. But again the surface has to be uniform.

Would be interested if said company has a web-site. If the prices are OK - I'd risk a simple Lid - If it's good work then away you go.

Mate - I saw this process online ages ago (Jay Leno) - The key, as always, is in the preparation.

If you want that "mirror" look the base surface has to be spotless. Basically it's the same process as mirroring glass. I had thought of actually buying into the process.

The block - That will come out as dimply chrome. Unless you get it polished first. Lids come out well in general. But again the surface has to be uniform.

Would be interested if said company has a web-site. If the prices are OK - I'd risk a simple Lid - If it's good work then away you go.
I can only presume/assume that last evening was a quiet affair, as today you are contributing some wise words of wisdom to the forum.

I can only presume/assume that last evening was a quiet affair, as today you are contributing some wise words of wisdom to the forum.
Last night I was in my beddy-bye at 10PM - in my lovely cosy fleece onezee. Slept like an innocent. My plan WAS to arise and go speeding whilst the GC and police are short staffed. But Belgian Beer and Trinidadian Spiced Rum intervened - mainly because the Pizza place was shut so I had to luncheon on Red Thai Curry.

I am going to see them I don't expect it to be cheap but at least it can be done with the engine in situ so I have been told I am happy to take the chance also I like the idea of colour chrome it's nice to be different so wheels can be chrome and any colour you want

One question of caution. How long does it last? The older spray chrome on Japanese import bikes in the 60's and 70's was notorious for spider-webbing and peeling. Likely due to surface prep at the factory but still not a good look 10 years on.....just sayin,,,,

T
One question of caution. How long does it last? The older spray chrome on Japanese import bikes in the 60's and 70's was notorious for spider-webbing and peeling. Likely due to surface prep at the factory but still not a good look 10 years on.....just sayin,,,,
Things have moved on since then it's a proper company that does a lot of work for big corporations so I am not worried about their work they have a good track record

I am going to see them I don't expect it to be cheap but at least it can be done with the engine in situ so I have been told I am happy to take the chance also I like the idea of colour chrome it's nice to be different so wheels can be chrome and any colour you want

Obviously you are not paying attention to what the wise @barbagris had to say

The motor will not look like shiny smooth chrome, imho.

I say go for it and post plenty of pictures of the end result.

At the end of the day it's your machine and you can do what you like to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back