Sportiva xenon hid

billmac

.020 Over
Hi has any one out there fitted the SPORTIVA XENON HID lights, and if you fit these lights does it by pass the ignition switch.

HID lights on a R3T

I just finished installing the Sportivia HID kits in my headlight as well as the driving lights. It's pretty straightforward for the headlight. It does require a connection to the battery and comes with a relay as well.

Upgrading to the HID light would be perfect for anyone who was interested in installing the headlight relay.

The driving lights was a bit of a pain. You have to extend the wires between the igniter and bulb. Be sure to use high voltage cable as these put out over 23K volts. Using regular wire will cause the wires to arc through the insulation (I know, I tried). I was able to mount the two igniters for the driving lights under the tank.

I should have no problem being able to see at night now!!

You realize how poor the illumination was stock after a mod like that, eh? I was constantly adjusting the lights up and down trying to see better at night until the relay mod, getting full power AND HID lights must be enlightening. LOL

With prior HID conversions the issue was always lack of space in the buckets ... have the parts gotten that much smaller that it's no longer a problem, or are they able to be located somewhere else?

Sportivia HID lights

I was able to extend the igniters for the driving lights and mount them under the tank. I attached them just above the factory accessory relay holder. The headlight was a little tricky but everything fit inside the bucket. It is like opening a can of worms if you take the light back out, but well worth it.

I just took it for a ride, WOW what a difference.

Back