Sporadic High Revs - Restart Solves Problem Until The Next Time

Oliver78125

Standard Bore
Hi All - I've read a number of posts about high revs on an R3 (but obviously not enough), and have cleaned the crank angle sensor magnet as suggested by a post from this site (thanks). The sensor was perfectly clean so no difference came from that. My problem is that everything seems normal until the engine stays at around 2K rpm in gear or in neutral - stopping the engine and restarting does clear the problem temporarily. This seems to happen after I have been pushing the engine a bit (4k to 5k rpm for a few kms). I sound vague because I've only had this 2008 Classic for 2000 kms (it has done 30K in total). The guy from whom I bought had it since new and said that he rode it at 2.5K rpm max pretty much all the time (and seeing it's mint condition I believe him - original tyres!). I do not recall the high revs problem happening when I have pootled around at 2K rpm for while (which happens depending on the mood, right?).

Does anyone recognise this problem?

Other than that - what a bike! I love it to pieces and find excuses to go on errands just to ride it.

Oliver.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Idk. This gives me another excuse to spend time doing "something" with the bike. God - getting frightening - anything just to touch it. I'd better seek help.

3rd conformation, classic TPS symptoms. The TPS is located at the back of the throttle body nearest the seat, & is an easy fix with Tuneboy or Tune ECU programs

Welcome aboard Oliver, as you've already found there's lots of valuable information here, interesting people and all fairly humourous.

Just watch out for that Bones Fella' :razz:

Welcome aboard Oliver, as you've already found there's lots of valuable information here, interesting people and all fairly humourous.

Just watch out for that Bones Fella' :razz:

:whistle::whistle::whistle: gonna be humorous once the Nitrous distributionblock finally arrives! ... more later!

:whistle::whistle::whistle: gonna be humorous once the Nitrous distributionblock finally arrives! ... more later!

Bones you've heard the story about Napolean going into Battle one time ?

Heading into Battle one time Napolean says to his Cabin Boy, "Boy, bring me my bright red pants"
The Boy says, "But Sir, you will stand out and the Enemy will see you easily and shoot and wound you"
"No problem" says Napolean, "I will stand tall, any hits that I take the crew will not see me bleeding so that will encourage them to fight on"
"Very good Sir"

30 minutes into the battle and under heavy Cannon fire with things not looking too good, Napolean screams out to the Cabin Boy ...

"Boy, bring me my Brown Trousers" ................

Back