sleepwalker

Standard Bore
I have an issue at night with glare from the speedometer on the windshield. The glare is right at eye level.
The orange from the speed indicator reaches from side to side. If using the high beams, the blue from that light is right there also.
I put my left hand over the speedometer and what a difference, perfect field of view.
It was a real bad problem traveling on back country roads that were being repaved.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you correct it?
I was thinking of installing a handlebar mounted speedometer or window tint.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have not had this issue with my stock 2014 R3T. Maybe it is the difference in our height above the seat. My problem comes on sunny days when the reflection off of the chrome around the speedo make it too hard to read the dial.

I have the 2014 R3T and don't have the issue you speak of. Maybe I will when I get a bigger windshield. I would just put a piece of electrical tape over it if it annoys you that much or pull the plug to the light. If you still want to see the light maybe try painting the bulb with a black marker leaving just a little clear so it won't be so bright. Just some ideas.

I don´t have a "T" but have seen seen similar issues on my Standard. I cheated and installed a Flyscreen inside the roadster screen so no light hits it anymore.

I have seen instrument "visors" for Harley baggers - maybe one of those can be adapted.
22020152.png

I´d spray it with black Plastidip though.

I don´t have a "T" but have seen seen similar issues on my Standard. I cheated and installed a Flyscreen inside the roadster screen so no light hits it anymore.

I have seen instrument "visors" for Harley baggers - maybe one of those can be adapted.
22020152.png

I´d spray it with black Plastidip though.
That's pretty cool greybeard!

Back