Speedometer Accuracy 2022 Rocket R3

tcfdvm

Standard Bore
I"ve got a 2022 Rocket R3 with just over 600 miles. I use Waze on my phone to alert me of traffic issues to and from work. I recently noticed that the Rocket's speedometer was reading between 4 to 6 mph faster than what Waze was indicating my speed at. For instance, traveling down the highway at 76 mph/Rocket, Waze indicated 71 mph (speed limit 70 mph). I haven't tried another map app and now curious if others are having similar speedometer accuracy issues. Normally Waze matches my other car/truck speedometer. Thanks for your help/insight. Tom

I"ve got a 2022 Rocket R3 with just over 600 miles. I use Waze on my phone to alert me of traffic issues to and from work. I recently noticed that the Rocket's speedometer was reading between 4 to 6 mph faster than what Waze was indicating my speed at. For instance, traveling down the highway at 76 mph/Rocket, Waze indicated 71 mph (speed limit 70 mph). I haven't tried another map app and now curious if others are having similar speedometer accuracy issues. Normally Waze matches my other car/truck speedometer. Thanks for your help/insight. Tom
I believe there is an older post about this. Yes, the newer and older Rockets speedometer are liars. It is in fact around 3 to 6 mph off I believe. The 6 mph at higher speeds. A Triumph nanny device for liability I would assume. :thumbsdown:

I believe there is an older post about this. Yes, the newer and older Rockets speedometer are liars. It is in fact around 3 to 6 mph off I believe. The 6 mph at higher speeds. A Triumph nanny device for liability I would assume. :thumbsdown:
I need all the help I can get. Next time I’m doing an indicated 97 mph in a 55 zone I’ll just tell the officer my Speedo is off just a tad.😂

If you have TuneECU you set an offset value and get it right. If you don’t have the software there is/was a device called SpeedoDR or something like that that works well.

If you have TuneECU you set an offset value and get it right. If you don’t have the software there is/was a device called SpeedoDR or something like that that works well.
Thank you...that information led me to a variety of other resources on speedo measurements - very interesting! Guess I'm back at the end of the line, now. lol

Hi I noticed exact same thing withy 2020 R3 GT yesterday when i was getting passed by traffic when my speedo said 110 kmh, i checked against Google maps and i was consistently 5-8kmh slower than what my speedo said, must be why i have avoided getting a speeding ticket to date.

Back