Speedo suprisingley accurate

pete.triumph

Supercharged
I cable tied my car GPS just to see how accurate my speedo is i have r3 classic with mezt front and back standard size at, 60 ks GPS says 60/61 at 120 ks GPS says 119/120
any body else done gps checks to see how accurate there speedo is fast, accurate or slow ?

Last edited:
has somebody owned your bike before you or been in your ECU because they normaly come set 7% optimistic so either someone has changed your ECU settings or your GPS is lying to you

With the Bridgestone Exedra Max (which is slightly taller than stock) my spedo is 1 mph fast at 70, according to my GPS.

With the Bridgestone Exedra Max (which is slightly taller than stock) my spedo is 1 mph fast at 70, according to my GPS.
from memory the exedra will correct by aprox 4 to 4 1/2 %
the 7% would make approx 4.35 imperial miles difference not sure if your US mile is the same as UK mile

Last edited:
According to the Sheriff's mobile sign/radar things; mine is only off 1-2mph at 60mph.

It was never off the showroom floor before I bought it.

Rick

Last edited:
thanks guys i have purchased a brigdestone 240/55 so looks like when i fit it my speedo will read too slow . i used a tyre calculator program to see what difference is compared to 240/50 v 240/55 found it willl read 3.71 less % so my speedo will read 96/97 at a true 100ks and i was thinking the briggy would correct my speedo because they are always set around 3 % fast so i thought

From factory they're set optimistic. To meet EU spec's SHOULD be within 5% - but 10% is accepted in most EU states. The concept being that even if you ride a bit "naughty" you're probably not illegal. It's a law aimed more at cheaper production items with mechanical speedos. On the R3 I use a GPS speedo anyway, except in tunnels. Sure I'm not legal, but I know by how much.

I recently loaded tune 20145 into my classic and it seems to read really slow.tune states -8% im sure this must be too much.....anyone?

Back