Speedo relocation on TR3 Touring

R3TK

I don’t get distracted, I - OMG do I hear a bike?
Back in the UK, and the cold, and the snow....
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2008
Have been thinking about moving the speedo off the tank (TR3 Touring) and up where I can see it more easily for some while now. Maybe incorporate a tacho in that setup too. I have no idea if anyone else out there in the real world has had similar heretical ideas, however I’ve been looking at who might have done this and who might be able to do it.
In my quest for knowledge I came across Big Bear Performance we have done this for different HDs - however Kevin at Big Bear (SAN Bernardino) said he’d be interested in looking at doing this for TR3T. To kick this off he said he’d need to look at the best way to do this...
SO... does anyone know Big Bear, and secondly does anyone with a TR3T live near/ride past/or interested in looking at this whacky idea?
If anyone can help out to try and move this forward let me know and I’ll let Kevin at Big Bear know.
Thanks again

I'm intrigued by the idea, though it would leave the tank bare with the bosses for the three mount points having to be removed and refinished.

Several folks here have commented how the speedometer is not really needed, as one can tell pretty much by the note of the exhaust with some experience.

I'm sure it can be done with time and money.

Back