Speedo not working

Hoppa

Goes Hard
Ride
2015 Rocket X
My speedometer stopped working 10mins into a 2hr ride and is not recording distance travelled either.
Tachometer is ok,
Kept going and after an 1hr the orange engine management light comes on. ( looks like the engine) top centre on the speedo. Anyone have any idea what's going on and how to fix..?
TIA.

Speed is communicated by CANBUS so can rule out connection issues at the instrument end
Sounds like a speed sender problem - possibly its connector was not fully seated and has come unplugged? (or screw came loose on sender itself and vibrated out?)

Speed is communicated by CANBUS so can rule out connection issues at the instrument end
Sounds like a speed sender problem - possibly its connector was not fully seated and has come unplugged? (or screw came loose on sender itself and vibrated out?)
Not home to look at my manual, do you know where the speed sensor is located..?

According to the service manual:

Situated in the lower crankcase, on the left hand side. Plug is behind the engine infill panel.

Sensor is behind the kickstand by the look of it

Also looks like a lack of signal will flag a fault code yes.

According to the service manual:

Situated in the lower crankcase, on the left hand side. Plug is behind the engine infill panel.

Sensor is behind the kickstand by the look of it

Also looks like a lack of signal will flag a fault code yes.
Cheers, just found that same info myself. I will check the sensor connection tomorrow. The fault was intermittent on my ride home today. Guessing it's a loose connection.

Back