Speedo, fuel gauge and no horn since connecting tuneEcu

Just been talking to Dodahman...he has an electrical fault too...Try the 3 start reset procedure....
Start the bike and turn off 3 times...let it warm up and cool down between each startup...it sometimes clears the fault..fingers crossed.

Certainly some strange problems, after getting back home I connected Tune ECU, reset the adaptation and did the 12 minute tune, the TPS light went to green. Went for a ride the bike is going ok, the natural light stays on all the time and the gear indicator stays showing N, the speedo is working ok until I pull in the clutch then is goes to zero until I let it out then goes to the road speed, the fuel gauge has changed and may be ok.

I will try Tal suggestion.

The latest, after work I disconnected the leads from the battery, had a good look around the wires but could not see anything out of place, reconnected all the wires to the battery terminals but left off the PCV, checked each fuse but no problems there,turned the ignition switch on and off four times, started the bike, the horn worked, took for a short ride, the gear indicator was normal, the speedo worked for about 20 meters, as soon as I pulled in the clutch in the speedo dropped to zero and stayed there for the ride.

Any thoughts.

Let me know if you want to plug in a new ECU with a standard tune to check - I have a spare

I gave the clutch switch a good clean out, went for a ride,speedo worked until I pulled the clutch in to get second gear then no speedo, got back to find the bike will start without pulling the clutch in and with the stand down in gear. So I go off to have some dinner, when I go back to the bike and the starting is back to normal, must have the clutch in and the stand must be up. Go for another ride and no speedo, get back and the motor will start with the stand down, when the bike cools down the starting it’s normal.

Could this a neutral safety switch problem where ever it is.

I am now checking as many of the electrical connectors as I can.

i would clean your grounds at the motor and i think there is a little ground wire also.
the key might be to try to fix horn i would think it would be a simple circuit. (my 07) power from fuse to horn back to horn button then to ground circuit.
for checking purpose u can run a wire from negative terminal to the ground circuit to see if that helps.

Back