Speedmaster refuse to start.

lonsomecrow

.040 Over
Hi,

I use to put Regular gas in my Speedmaster 05. One day I put Octane 91 gas and after that I feel the sound change of the exhaust and some jet of air and smoke through Carb. Now today morning I tried to start my motorcycle and it totally refused to start. I am not sure what could be the reason. It could be because of the gas (Octane 91), or relay is damaged or battery is dead. When I press the start button there is no sound at all. Does anybody suffered the same problem? Can anyone detail me on what could be the exact problem?

No These bikes don't have kick start but even if the battery is dead, it gives you some sound when you press the start button but in this case no response at all when I press the start button.

If the battery is dead it will make no sound. If the kill switch is off it will make no sound and maybe if the kickstand is down and the bike is in gear it will not start. If its carbuerated you can probably push start it with a dead battery. Only if the kill switch is on.

So? Fess up, which was it? (every single one of us has done it, the kill switch or you didn't pull in the clutch, or the tranny is in gear and kick stand down!) You can save face, ( if you must) by claiming that the switch on the kick stand came loose or the switch on the clutch came loose.

I still think Triumph should put a kickstart on those bonnies! There is no better feeling than throwing your weight up and coming down on that kickstarter! As long as it starts on the first kick!

TurboFan said:
So? Fess up, which was it? (every single one of us has done it, the kill switch or you didn't pull in the clutch, or the tranny is in gear and kick stand down!) You can save face, ( if you must) by claiming that the switch on the kick stand came loose or the switch on the clutch came loose.

Well I could'nt understand a word of it ;) but I know about pulling the clutch or killing the switch. I also know that the motorcycle will switch off the moment you put the gear when your bike is on side stand ..all these are the common things that everybody know. But apart from knowing all that this motorcycle just refuse to start. Anyone knows the technicals detail about it
??? Like if problem with relay or something???

try main fuse or batery terminals or follow key wiering til you come to conector and check that double check batery volts

Lonesomecrow, sorry it sounds more serious. Do you have a second bike, (or a friends bike) and you can just swap batteries. Easy, non-technical way to answer the battery question.

Back