JLoss

.020 Over
I'm installing J&M speakers on my R3T and the installation is easy enough except for connection to a "switchable" power source on the bike. I've also installed the auxilliary lights so that connection is taken.

Any suggestions how to make this switchable connection would be appreciated.

I'm installing J&M speakers on my R3T and the installation is easy enough except for connection to a "switchable" power source on the bike. I've also installed the auxilliary lights so that connection is taken.

I had the same challenge with the Titan Amp I was attempting to install last weekend. I never did get it to work despite the fact that I was pretty sure I had it wired right. There were the two battery terminals and then a blue wire that was supposed to connect to a power source which was only powered when the power was on, like a headlight wire. Because the Titan has absolutely no power indicator, I couldn't ever tell if it was working, but I couldn't get any sound out of the speakers. I decided to go with a Pyle Marine amplifier for the back speakers. I already have DWG waterproof speakers on the front with their standard amplifier but that was OK for the front but not enough power to drive the sound forward from the back without distorting.

Yo Rbickford,

If you don't mind I'd like to take a closer look at your top case do you have a url so I could look it up?

Thanks

Yo Rbickford,

If you don't mind I'd like to take a closer look at your top case do you have a url so I could look it up?

Thanks

The good new is: Here is a closer look. The bad news is: I don't have a url for it as it is a used (circa 1989) Harley Davidson Tour Pack that I bought off of ebay.

I like your pasanger seat and trunk were did you find that? or is it custom?

The two-up Seat is a Russell Day-Long. The Trunk and the Backrest are from a 1989 Harley Davidson Electra-Glide. I have a Harley also and I couldn't get my wife to get on the Rocket so I duplicated it in every way I could. I just bought the speaker pods which were custom made by www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com. The amount of storage is unbelievable in these Harley Tour Packs. I go to the grocery store all the time with it. I had to replace the latches with locking ones and I added LED lights on the back and sides for better visibility. :)

Any luck with install?

Back