spark plugs position

pete.triumph

Supercharged
Would fitting the spark plugs so the gap of the spark plugs faces towards center of the combustion chamber make any difference ? as the plugs are fitted at the side edge of the cylinder rather than anywhere near the middle unlike other bikes so at point of ignition the flame would start to spread outwards towards center without the obstruction of the probe of the plug , might run smoother i wouldn't think there would be any noticeable power wise.but if there is a small benefit why not do it may have swap a plug or two to get position right

It's called indexing.
We used to do it on our race bikes.
NO $HIT!

It's called indexing.
We used to do it on our race bikes.
NO $HIT!
Yeah but these ain't race bikes and run dual plugs

You have got to be kidding Pete.......
if you want the bike to run smoother take it and a blank cheque to Neville and I am sure he will get it running smoother for you ..... :)

Yeah but these ain't race bikes and run dual plugs

You have got to be kidding Pete.......
if you want the bike to run smoother take it and a blank cheque to Neville and I am sure he will get it running smoother for you ..... :)

Merely verifying that @pete.triumph's question was a valid one regarding the concept and not a joke.
I made no comment regarding the practicality of doing such on a Rocket road bike.
Now I am curious if Carpenter did so on their salt flat motor????

But aren't you worried Pete that you could maybe loose .1hp? And even worse, that you mightn't even be aware of it. Are the potential gains really worth that risk?

Back