Spark PLug wire alternative

SizemattersIII

.040 Over
Has any captain found and installed aftermarket spark plug wires? Or are we stuck with the expensive Triumph set.

Has any captain found and installed after market spark plug wires? Or are we stuck with the expensive Triumph set.
No - but I'd think seriously about making some up - at that price you could buy the parts and the crimp tool - they're just wires.

Would NOLOGY Hot-Wires fit?. They're even more expensive but.......

Call Baxter's on the spare wire boots. I called a couple of years ago for one spark plug wire. They sent me one off a Rocket that they did the upgrade on. Worked great and cost $20

Yep the boots are the issue. Im pretty sure i could fit aftermarket wires into the boots and the rest of the setup. I hosed a boot with the last plug change. I didnt think of calling a dealer for a scrapped one. What mm is the wire? Are they silicone?

That is a very reasonable price, this would definetly work, especially with the coils included. I appreciate the leg work, but it would only suit one captain. I m sure there is more then one who possibly needs to replace their plug wires, so im in search for an inexpensive solution (alternative) that can benefit all captains (possibly an automotive set if that be the case). I will update when i find something.

Ok captains here is a more suitable solution for the plug wires then going with the expensive factory wires
($200) or a set that has been used.

Power Tripp performance sells an aftermarket set by Magnacore for roughly $94.00 + shipping.

The wires they have had made from Magnacor use the 7.5mm spiral wound wire with a long boot. It is a tight fit, but they do fit and seal well. You will need to unscrew the wire connectors from the stock coils and remove the connector and plastic seal inside. These will go on the Magnacor wires easily.

Back