Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
I was looking on Marketplace for Rockets for sale. Found a couple of Rocket 3 Touring bikes. What caught my eye was a trashed Rocket. After checking it out and talking with the guy who listed it, I've been thinking about buying the trashed Rocket.
Engine is fine, no damage. Triple tree is fine along with the front wheel. The seat looks like a Mustang, two pc. All in all engine alone is what has me thinking. 481 miles! Just wondered what other Captains think
The price is $2,000.

I
Sure. I'm not going to set on something like this. If your interested, good luck.
Check Facebook marketplace. Location is 100 mile radius from Grand Rapids. There isn't anyway I can see to cut and paste or even an address .
don’t have fb so thanks for pm

2k for the whole bike is proabably a good deal sincevyou have a touring. Engines run 2700 give or take on ebay. Now in your case if it was a standard it wou would d be a waste of extra parts sure if you got the time you can sell them. Now days one needs to make his mind up on whether your staying with the 2300 and all its goodies or moving to the 2.5 alien style. If staying buying extra parts can be a good thing. One thing for sure is tha right now you cou li d buy a 2018 rocket spend 6 to 8 k extra on it and blow the 2500 off the road. Don't get me wrong the only thing I dont like about the new one besides the blown up price is the single sided swing arm looks like it came from a CanAm .

2k for the whole bike is proabably a good deal sincevyou have a touring. Engines run 2700 give or take on ebay. Now in your case if it was a standard it wou would d be a waste of extra parts sure if you got the time you can sell them. Now days one needs to make his mind up on whether your staying with the 2300 and all its goodies or moving to the 2.5 alien style. If staying buying extra parts can be a good thing. One thing for sure is tha right now you cou li d buy a 2018 rocket spend 6 to 8 k extra on it and blow the 2500 off the road. Don't get me wrong the only thing I dont like about the new one besides the blown up price is the single sided swing arm looks like it came from a CanAm .
Thanks for the input. I really like my cycle. Looking at all the big bikes and haven't found any I like more than my Rocket. The actual purchase isn't that big a deal. What I'm doing is setting up for the next 5 years. Keeping the 2300 seems a logical, smart move. Pushing 60,000 miles and thinking down the road...

Thanks for the input. I really like my cycle. Looking at all the big bikes and haven't found any I like more than my Rocket. The actual purchase isn't that big a deal. What I'm doing is setting up for the next 5 years. Keeping the 2300 seems a logical, smart move. Pushing 60,000 miles and thinking down the road...
I understand as I have enough to put rogether a complete rocket. Heck I have a updated engine sitting on a pallet in the basement :)

Back