CrzystghndKC

Triumph guy happy he didn't work for Harley.
Ride
Triumph: 2005 & 2011 R3 Roadster
This is just an off the wall question. Since old R3's like my 05 don't have the blacked out look, I was wondering what some of you use on your old rockets to keep the engine looking spanky clean?

Soft nylon brush, soap and water I also use my wife's toothbrush to get into the real tight nook and cranny's, good old elbow grease is the best way to keep it clean now you will also hear some old wives tales about lemon pledge:D
Does she ever complain about the aftertaste?

This is just an off the wall question. Since old R3's like my 05 don't have the blacked out look, I was wondering what some of you use on your old rockets to keep the engine looking spanky clean?
I use Gunk just after iv'e washed the engine down with soapy water. I spray it on and wait for about 3 minutes and then use a toilet brush to rub it in and then wash it off with clean water. My engine still looks new and
mine is 12 years old.

Soft nylon brush, soap and water I also use my wife's toothbrush to get into the real tight nook and cranny's, good old elbow grease is the best way to keep it clean now you will also hear some old wives tales about lemon pledge:D
I heard you use minions ! ! :sneaky: ;)

I do a 50/50 mix with SIMPLE GREEN it works great and is biodegradable. Spray down the engine, scrub it down with a cloth and rinse. For stubborn dirt and grease use it straight from the bottle. I was using S-100 on my RK in 2001 and it took the chrome off my spokes (too harsh). This video cracked me up about Pledge, i tried it with great results but it actually attracted bees to my bike. Not good if your allergic to bees...!!

Last edited:
Back