Son of the Mad Dog; Three Sisters Advice

Son_Of_Dog

Unfailing Millennial
Ride
08 Rocket III Touring
Hey all,
I'm the older son mentioned in this thread: Critique this ‘ 08 Touring
I ended up going with the first bike on the thread, so I'm now the proud owner of an '08 Touring with a two tone paint job. It's the first bike I've owned, but seeing as the first one I rode was Dad's '08 I guess I just think all the other bikes out there are small. I'm going to be joining on the upcoming trip to the Three Sisters, and am a little apprehensive of the ride. If you've got any tips for beginners, they'd be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Hello son of the Dog:D
The best advise i can give you, ride your own ride, at your own phase, the rest will wait for you, no one will be left behind. do not ride past your comfort zone until you get used to that big beast, see you there!!:)

There is no better advice on this forum that anyone could give you!

The Sisters are totally different than riding mountains...there are no switchbacks where you feel like you're gonna drop it due to lack of speed and you don't have to worry about going over the edge of a 1000 foot cliff. Don't get me wrong...you can tear up some stuff in a bar ditch (ask me how :banghead:) if you leave the asphalt, but if you keep your head screwed on tight you shouldn't have any problems.

AND WELCOME ABOARD!

Hello SOD and welcome from a displaced Texan in Virginia. Have you mastered parking lot maneuvers? That is one of the main areas we go down. Keep your revs off idle and work the friction zone on tight slow curves and work the throttle on the fast ones.
Like the others said, never try to keep up with the speed demons your first few outings. Good luck and show us your bike.

Back