Somewhat new to the R3T Lifestyle..

Sparky59

The Guy With The Most Toys Wins!
Ride
2008 R3T, 2018R3R,2015 X 1954 & 1958 Cushman Eagle
Hello All, Bought my 2008 r3t 3 years back, after confiscating my Sons' 2006 r3 for a few short rides...Very impressed with the torque of the massive 3 cyl. motor. Located a low mileage r3t in Black with the only damage being a scuffed left clutch lever, from the previous owner laying the bike down in his driveway to see if he could pick it back up!....He couldn't....5'-5" and 165lbs at best. I've enjoyed the bike well enough, but changes are now on my list....

Going to look into a larger windshield( i believe i have a stock Taller windscreen) as when i get to 65mph the wind buffeting is bothersome...My goldwings never beat me that badly at 85mph.....Retune ecu to rid my bike of the torque management in the first three gears, Fiam horns too!

WELCOME to ya, Sparky, from WA State!
Where are you from?

Going to look into a larger windshield( i believe i have a stock Taller windscreen) as when i get to 65mph the wind buffeting is bothersome...My goldwings never beat me that badly at 85mph.....Retune ecu to rid my bike of the torque management in the first three gears, Fiam horns too!

Both the stock and the short windscreen came with my Touring with the tall mounted on it and the short new in the box. I installed the short one just to see how it was and experienced a lot of buffeting on the sides of my helmet. I don't like looking through a windscreen so, as with you, the tall won't do either. I don't get the buffeting you experienced though.

I installed the gray smoked Clearview on my 07 which is also 4 inches wider than stock and loved it. It has a slight recurve at the top, comes in several lengths and one can also order it with an optional center vent.

And yes, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Navigator, Is "clearview" the brand? The 4" wider is intriguing? as i am tkinking of ordering a lexan like material from McMaster carr and scratch building a windscreen approx 4" larger, up and to the sides....if you get a chance could i bother you for 2 measurements? Height from lip above headlight to top of windscreen, and width at widest point...Thanks, Norm

Yes it's Clearview, and you can specify pretty well any dimensions you want. It's just one guy I think and he makes them to order, so it takes a while, but they are good.

Currently my bike is down with a broken shifter centering spring, its on its way back together,I forgot to order a waterpump flat gasket...Do'h

Back