Sometimes when I turn the key on nothing happens..

Cjard

Standard Bore
Hi guys
Got a 2010 roadster. Strange behaviour, sometimes when I turn the key to "on" and killswitch to "run" nothing happens, the clocks don't do their dance, the lights don't come on, you can't start the bike, you don't hear the fuel system charge up, so I just wait and wait and after some random amount of time of up to a minute it all springs into life and acts normally. What's going on?
Thanks guys

Next time it happens leave the key on and move your bars firmly to each side from stop to stop. It could loose or dirty connectors whch you'll need to attend to, but when this happened to me I was able to get mobile. Worst case, it could be your ignition switch.

What you have mentioned happens to me as well. It does exactly what you said sometimes but then sometimes it cranks but runs rough now read this

I have a 2010 Roadster..... this happened to me today ... I have been having on going problem and the quote below is me talking to another member.

"NOW......... today I took the bike for a spin. It started up just fine (nothing like in the video). Stop by the gas station and put some 89 octane ethanol type gas in it. I went about 25 miles and thats when it started. I’m in 5th gear going about 60 mph and I was looking down at the speedometer I noticed it was sweeping just like it does when the ignition switch is turned to start position. Back and forth back and forth that’s when I said “Oh s**t I’m not going to make it home!” Then the neutral light came on but yet I was still in 5th gear.... then it started shutting down until finally I was stopped on the side of the road. The instrument clusters went completely blank even with the switch in the on position. I flipped the kill switch back and forth. .. nothing. So I remove the key take seat off and do some inspection in the fuse box. I pull the 30 amp fuse and it looks like it has bee hot but did not blow. At this point I am comparing it to the new spare 30 amp fuse. I switch them out. Put the key in and turn the switch on and nothing happened. I just turn the switch off and let the bike cool down and think about it for a moment (about 5 minutes or so). After that I turn the switch on ... the instrument clusters light up... and the bike starts. I put the seat on and came straight home. That was a few minutes ago'

Seriously Mitch, you might be right. Binnsy had the same problem I recall. Mine's only done it once and I'm certain it was only a dirty contact.

I have a 2010 Roadster and have never experienced this problem, maybe I am just lucky.
I will not be happy if this happens to me..........:mad:

Hmmmmm! Just a thought!!
I have never ridden mine in heavy rain or left it in the rain (parked).

I ride my 09 in absolute downpours with exposed but well oiled filters and she starts everytime . I have a mate with a 2010 roadster that rides in all conditions an he has never had a problem either though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it again last night just after I washedit.. "looks like I'm pushing it into the garage then" I thought.. Key off, pushed into garage, key on and it came to life as normal.. I've a mate who works for the local triumph dealer; shall see what he can do. What's the warranty period on these bikes - anyone know?

Back