Something Different

rayjay

Nitrous
Ride
2012 roadster
Well guy's it's my 61st Birthday today and because of family members work commitments and other things we will be celebrating at the weekend :)
Anyways i'm sitting at home with nothing to do..when one of my neighbours knocks on the door and asks me if i'm busy and would I do him a favour.
He's a good guy and iv'e known him for about 18yrs..sure I said if I can help I will.
Turns out that he had just bought his son a new Yamaha 125 and he asked me if I would take it out and put a few miles on it before he gives it to his son.
My first reaction was that Gary..he's son might not be happy with me riding his new bike before him..no he said it would be ok..because we both know that you will take
care of it and treat it right.
So that's how I found myself on the A127 on a little Yamaha with L plates on it :eek:
Jeez it's not a bad little bike but was I glad to give it back I did about 135 miles on it
and talk about having your wits about you..i was constantly crowded by vans and trucks..i would leave myself some space and an escape route only to find someone
close it on me I was mentally exhausted when I got back.
I guess we just take the power and the rode presence of our bikes for granted.
I wish him all the luck in the world for what he is about to try to achieve.
Almost forgot..i pulled into a roadside café that I have used on several occasions and there were a couple of young guy's probably in their late twenty's with 600cc sportsbikes and they looked at my old mug and the L plates and almost choked on their food :D

RJ

Nice story; and I know what you mean about your surroundings on someone else's bike!!
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Almost forgot..i pulled into a roadside café that I have used on several occasions and there were a couple of young guy's probably in their late twenty's with 600cc sportsbikes and they looked at my old mug and the L plates and almost choked on their food :D

That was me choking on my food:eek:

Happy Birthday Ray. Remember, when the cake comes out let the other people sing....
It's always fun riding different bikes I reckon and especially good to get back on your Rocket afterwards. Oops :eek: sorry; didn't mean to poke fun at you on your special day. :confused: All the best mate.

Back