Jay

E pluribus unum
Ride
2023 Rocket 3 GT (Ego), 2021 Zero SR/S (Earth)
Hi all,

I have decided to go with Rivco risers on my Touring bike rather than spacers. I was about to get a set of the Scootworks stacking risers only to realize they are out of business.

Thought I would try and source a set of Rivco touring risers through the forum before trying to locate some new old stock. Seems websites are listing them, but often I am finding the sellers don’t realize there is a difference between the Roadster and Touring risers (I think they get confused with the Tourer). Then they tell me they don’t have them in stock for the Touring.

Shoot me a PM if you have a pair you are looking to part with.

Thanks

@Starmanut , thanks for the suggestion. I looked at some of the comparable risers, but all I found were ones threaded to 1/2” bolts. I haven’t found a 1/2” to M10 step down double sided stud. Scootworks use to carry those in the right length. Barron also makes some for La Custom, but they are only 45mm on the M10 side and from what I measured we need a 65mm for the R3T.

@Starmanut , thanks for the suggestion. I looked at some of the comparable risers, but all I found were ones threaded to 1/2” bolts. I haven’t found a 1/2” to M10 step down double sided stud. Scootworks use to carry those in the right length. Barron also makes some for La Custom, but they are only 45mm on the M10 side and from what I measured we need a 65mm for the R3T.

Yup, I rechecked and they are for 7/8" bars, too.
So I deleted that post probably while you were responding!

@Joesmoe , Thanks for the tip. I emailed that seller though asking if the risers are 1/2” or M10 and the first reply was, “That's just ordinary motorcycle screws. Any question please don't hesitate to contact us.” Obviously, less than helpful. I asked for more clarification saying I had bought similar risers recently that were listed for a metric cruiser only to find they were threaded for 1/2” bolts. That was a frustrating experience. Needless to say, the seller responded saying, “In this case, our products are not suitable for your model.” Imagine that...useless knock-off products and they don’t even know what bikes they are compatible with. I followed up asking the seller to remove the metric cruisers from the compatibility list. They replied, “we have notified the appropriate department.”

Just another illustration of “buyer beware”

Note that with an appropriate 1/2” to M10 step-down double ended stud (no shoulder), then these ones and many more are “compatible” with our bikes. Can’t find anyone who makes such a stud in the right length.

Jay,

If you are willing to take a gamble I have a set of Thunderbird 1700 Risers. The look like they are about an inch shorter than the Rivco. I am not positive they will clear the instrument cluster but I don't really know. It *looks* like they will raise the bars 1-1.5 inches and bring them back 1.5-2 inches. I will let them slide out the door for 75 dollars+shipping. I can do a flat rate box for somewhere around 8-10 dollars. I had a thought while uploading the pics, if they are too short a spacer would bring them up to where they would fit.

20190424_181244[1].jpg

20190424_181414[1].jpg

20190424_181244[1].jpg

20190424_181045[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20190424_181358[1].jpg
    20190424_181358[1].jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 15
@Bob R , if I had only waited 6 hours to see your post. I bought a set of TBird risers last night after finding another thread where @laraza mounted them on his R3T:

Thunderbird Risers Fitted

Thanks for the pictures though. I am hoping these will be just right as I need only a bit of pull-back so I can mount my taller and wider touring windshield with the Valkyrie handlebars.

Hi Bob..I see you changed your risers to taller ones, even taller than the rivcos it looks.. Did you need to lengthen any cables? If not where did you get them? We have the exact same year/model. Thanks

Jay,

If you are willing to take a gamble I have a set of Thunderbird 1700 Risers. The look like they are about an inch shorter than the Rivco. I am not positive they will clear the instrument cluster but I don't really know. It *looks* like they will raise the bars 1-1.5 inches and bring them back 1.5-2 inches. I will let them slide out the door for 75 dollars+shipping. I can do a flat rate box for somewhere around 8-10 dollars. I had a thought while uploading the pics, if they are too short a spacer would bring them up to where they would fit.

20190424_181244[1].jpg

20190424_181414[1].jpg

20190424_181244[1].jpg

20190424_181045[1].jpg

Hi Bob..I see you changed your risers to taller ones, even taller than the rivcos it looks.. Did you need to lengthen any cables? If not where did you get them? We have the exact same year/model. Thanks

Those are the Rivco risers. I originally just rerouted the clutch cable behind the triple tree and left the brake alone, it worked fine but the cover over the cable got cut somehow so I went with Barnett clutch cable at +1.5 and put it back where it was originally. It works like a charm.

bob

Last edited:
Those are the Rivco risers. I originally just rerouted the clutch cable behind the triple tree and left the brake alone, it worked fine but the cover over the cable got cut somehow so I went with Barnett clutch cable at +1.5 and put it back where it was originally. It works like a charm.

bob

I did the exact same thing. It was the first mod I did. No regrets!!! I went with a +2" cable. If I was to do it again, I'd do the 1.5, though.

Back