For Sale **SOLD** Rider's backrest(A9708160) and new Classic dual seat(A9708164)

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
Note: I will be away from home Tuesday 24-Mon 30 Oct.

Unmarked Rider's backrest(A9708160) and brand new unused Classic dual seat(A9708164)
with a more comfortable perch for both rider and pillion - some say the best OEM Triumph R3 STD , Classic and Roadster seat of all but does NOT fit the Touring R3 despite the seat name.
A9708164-800x600.png

A9708164-800x600.jpg

These fit Standard, Classic and ROADSTER from 2004 - 2017 but NOT the 2008 on TOURING.

I have sold two before and am asking AU$550 Australian plus shipping (approx. US$432). I can arrange a courier in Australia for a good price. International shipping is available but will not be cheap probably AU$160 (Approx US$125).

As the listing states
" Triumph Motorcycle Description: DUAL SEAT, L/HAUL TOURING KIT
Triumph Motorcycle Part Number: A9708164
**THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BACK REST WHICH IS NOW OBSOLETE** "

AND the unobtainable RIDER's back rest (A9708160)

These Classic dual seats (A9708164) were produced and named before the Rocket Touring model existed and are for 'Standard', 'Classic' and 'Roadster' use.
They have a small square hole just behind the rider bucket portion with a plastic plug you can remove to fit the rider's backrest.
The backrest themselves (A9708160) are now considered "unobtanium" but pop up now and again - the Rocket 'Touring' version seats (T2302130) have the same backrest with a different part number (A9708158), which are interchangeable but are a slightly different colour vinyl, although the 'Touring' model seats themselves will not fit a 'Standard', 'Classic' or 'Roadster' ;)

A rider's backrest (A9708158) which are interchangeable with the (A9708160) but a slightly lighter gray color vinyl sold recently on US eBay in April 2017 for a ridiculous price of US$405 by itself. TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 TOURING - ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST, LONGHAUL A9708158 | eBay

accessories-2007-000015.jpg

Last edited:
Now Au$550 PLUS a free pair of New Triumph Sport motorcycle socks, a Red Triumph logo cap AND a New Triumph T-shirt with nearly 20 designs to choose from*.

Do I sound desperate? Never!

*Images provided at time of purchase, I'm selling a seat and backrest not T-shirts here remember!

Is this a straight swap for a 2013 roadster 2 piece seat and use the same catch?
Yes it uses the same catch but is a dual one piece seat as per photos. It also comes with a second rear male spigot that bolts to the mudguard ands fits a female receiver with pull cable release under the pillion portion. I ran a second hand one earlier without the rear bracket and spigot and it still stays in place fine, many others have done the same.
As this seat is brand new it comes with the rear spigot and bracket to use if you wish.
The front spigot is a male on the seat same as the Roadster and can be released with the Roadster key and the rear operates with an additional manual pull cable with a finger ring that hides under seat edge same as the earlier R3's.

I like it alot and so would my back, just not my bank balance :(
Yeah, but besides your arse and back, your pillion will love you even more* :inlove.
You would look cool in a new Triumph T-shirt, your feet would be toast in winter or cool in summer and you would be protected from skin cancer if you have a bald spot with ...

a free pair of New Triumph Sport motorcycle socks, a Red Triumph logo cap AND a New Triumph T-shirt with nearly 20 designs to choose from.

*Apparently this is the best pillion seat of the OEM Std/Classic/Roadster versions and outdoes the Gel versions too in many opinions. And remember keeping the missus happy is priceless#

#Which explains me not having one, I'm far too poor! ;):D

Last edited:
HaHa, the misses response was 'don't even' I suppose the panniers, ezy brackets, sissy bar, TORS, DP Outlaws, heated grips, action camera, fly screen, dyno tune etc has got her goat up. Don't know why, maybe cause I have been promising her a new kitchen for about five years now

Back