For Sale "Sold" Progressive 444 Shocks 13" Brand New

slidderhd

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 R3T
Bought these for my R3T but they don't suit my needs. I tried them one time. I need a heavier duty shock. I use my Rocket like a truck. These are for normal people.

444-4221C. 13 inch.

The seller I bought them from on eBay is trying to get Progressive to help on the spring. Progressive seemed a little anoid that I'm bottoming out their shock when we are loaded down. At max setting I drop over an inch just when its me and the Harley tour pack.

Also, I'm going to a 55 profile triple tread car tire. The 60 profile rubs on the fender backrest bolts when we are bottomed out.

FYI - I don't believe the sidewalls of a car tire are as strong as those of a MC tire as well.
If Progressive 444s don't do the job, you are likely exceeding the GVWR of the bike.
Perhaps consider air shocks?
Just sayin' . . .

SO in order to run a car tire you have to buy new longer shocks ?

That's funny. No, I run car tires anyway. I had a 205/55-16 Bridgestone Potenza Runflat, but wore it out. It was smaller in circumference than stock. I went to the Triple tread 205/60-16 because Tirerack said it was good in rain and it is the same circumference as the stock tire. It is just an inch wider. I like the inch wider, so I want to go back to 55 profile to see if it doesn't rub. To be honest, I had hoped the longer shock would help stop the rub, but it didn't

How much are you asking for the shocks?
I see that they were bought for a R3T. I have a 2014 Roadster, any reason they wouldn't go on there.
Also has anyone got experience going from stock 12.5" to 13" ?

Cheers

Back