Aivmid

Supercharged
Ride
2004 Standard
I've been trying to sell my 2000 Roadking since I bought the Rocket in July last year. Finally sold it last weekend.

The guy that bought it drove 11 hours to pick it up, and then road it straight home through non stop rain for 11 hours to get home, dodging emus, wombats, kangaroos and god knows what else.

These Harley riders are made of sterner stuff than I.

Anyway, now I can afford to keep the Rocket (just):)

Good stuff .. as far as sterner stuff , not been my experience .. well not for a lot of years anyway. The majority of todays Harley riders wouldn't ride in the rain if their f#ckin life depended on it. Fair few of them , from what i've seen are the fair weather only, once-in-a-blue-moon types. Could be wrong but i doubt it. Glad you chose to keep your Rocket .

I received a text yesterday from a friend who rides a Road King, I quote...
" How ya guys been? We r so tired of this cold weather! we wanna ride!"

My reply...." put a jacket on and ride! "

I got no reply back.....;)

Just yesterday I drove up a nice twisty road I had driven in my car before but wanted to on the bike. A few hours into it I pulled off and took a couple pictures. One of the welcome to the town I was in sign - Volcanoville and the other was the snow on the ground. I only came back cause my lady had send about 6 texts to me wondering where I was, and the ground was wet in a few places and after seeing the snow I didn't want to run into any patches of ice and wreck. I saw a youtube vid of a guy on a victory that did that and it didn't look to fun. Anytime to ride is a good time. :D

The road was auburn to hwy 49 - 193 if any local people read this and are wondering a nice place to ride.

I love my Rocket III, I love my Roadking, I love my Busa, I love my guns and my two girl friends...;) I'm just a loven my machines...:roll:You'll miss the ole girl,she's a great bike for touring. I had to give up the Busa and a girlfriend for obvious reasons.. It's hard to give up the things you love..:(

Love Machine - The Miracles featuring Billy Griffin - YouTube

Back