For Sale SOLD! Mad Dog Exhaust... Sold!

TriumPhil

Living Legend
Ride
'07 Mulberry Red, Carpentered & Bruted R3 Standard
All serious offers considered for this great set-up in very good to excellent condition (depending on the eye of the beholder;)):

Mad Dog Performance Exhaust for the Rocket III

The Look: Of the many options with or without the cat box we finally decided to keep the stock configuration but clean up the design. Our design brief was to give the bike the look that we believe should have come from the factory in the first place!

Our design sees three separate pipes exiting the cat box but unlike the stockers, fitting tight alongside the bike and running approximately parallel to the ground. Mad Dogs had to look right.

The Execution: Our manufacturing plant in Noosa, Qld has the capacity to manufacture in aluminium, stainless or steel. Aluminium requires constant hand-polishing, stainless dulls to a yellow hue in time so we decided to run with deep chromed steel in the slash-cut style to best fit with the cruiser nature of the Rocket.

The Sound: Your Mad Dogs are tuned for beautiful noise! The 1 ½" perforated straight through bores produce a lovely mellow note that builds to a deep and powerful statement at higher revs. On smaller throttle openings you could leave for work at 5am without your apartment neighbours calling for a special meeting of the body corporate. Yet start climbing into the mid-range and your Mad Dogs will become music to your ears. These pipes are not overly loud, sharp or raucous but truly beautiful.

The Power: Who needs more power on a Rocket?! That may be true, but if it is being given away for free, you may as well take it!

Max power (sae actual hp) with stock mufflers: 117 hp
Max torque (sae actual torque) with stock mufflers: 131.5 ft/lbs

Max power (sae actual hp) with Mad Dogs: 125.6 hpMax torque (sae actual torque) with Mad Dogs: 139.7 ft/lps

The Weight: Although the Mad Dogs are produced from durable 1.6mm gauge steel there is still a saving of 5.2kg (11.5 lb) over stock.

The three stock pipes weigh 11.6kg (25.5 lb)
The three Mad Dogs weigh 6.4kg (14 lb)

Less weight = better acceleration and handling!

Fit and Finish: Total time required for removal of the stockers and installation of your new pipes is less than 30 minutes with the correct tools. Every Mad Dog pipe is produced to exacting standards requiring no drilling, filing, manipulating or bad language to fit.

Serviceability: Your Mad Dogs are a quality item finished in a layer of deep tarnish free chrome. Each pipe is meticulously polished in the bare metal before plating to ensure brilliant looks that will last. The internal baffles are removable however should never require repacking.

© 2009 - newbonneville.com, L.L.C. - Terms and Policies

Thanks, Richard!

As you Aussies would say, it's a right good bit o' kit! Fine workmanship and it puts out a very respectable, mellifluous tone.

Considering that they cost from $1200-$1600USD depending on the exchange rate fluctuations years ago, I'm going to let these go for a song. Their build quality is top rate!

Thanks, Richard!

As you Aussies would say, it's a right good bit o' kit! .

Phil trust me no Aussie has ever uttered those words .. perhaps you are confusing us with the English. A Aussie would say " good f#cking set of pipes mate" ;)

Hi how much do you want with p&p to the uk for your exhaust.
Many Thanks Peter

Phil trust me no Aussie has ever uttered those words .. perhaps you are confusing us with the English. A Aussie would say " good f#cking set of pipes mate" ;)

Of course, TC, that's exactly what I meant, but I lacked the temerity to fekking curse on this site! Natch, the POMs would be likewise tipping through the tulips, just as I did.:oops::cautious::p

Back