Sold Harley- Rocket here I come!

skinnyVinny

.020 Over
Finally sold the streetglide- nice bike and all, but I was bored. I have no doubt that the Roadster should make me grin a bit more. Nice to see what other tires you folks are running- I KNOW I will need a new rear this year!:D

Welcome to the site Vinny.
Riken Raptor 225X55
Cost? $110.
Mileage? so far about 10,000,
still looks new except for the edges,
which are a little rounded off:D.
Better in the wet,
better braking without locking up.
Better hookup when you get around to pulling the secondaries,
or powering it up some.

Howdy Skinny! Are you really skinny or are you greening us? Skinny people make nervous. I don't think they eat enough. Me, I'm about 350 lbs of pure Crisco.

Tires - I see a new Avon or Metz in your future. I *think* those are the only choices.

Started to reply but Pig9r summed it up nicely. ;)
One inch either way in diameter, and MC tire choices could be endless, strange that Triumph's choice was 16".

not really skinny-

Just something that ryhmes with Vinny:D Getting excited about the roadster I ordered yesterday. Gonna have to do the GIPRO thing once I'm off warranty. Gotsa roast the rear hide BABY!!:p

Prepare for a religious experience, Vin.:D

I opted out for a Toyo T1R car tire (the best of the car tires for the R3 IMO, immediately after taking posssession. It was the right choice for me.

Enjoy the ride and welcome to the site from New Jersey, slender one!

Just something that ryhmes with Vinny:D Getting excited about the roadster I ordered yesterday. Gonna have to do the GIPRO thing once I'm off warranty. Gotsa roast the rear hide BABY!!:p

Vinny go with tune boy since you already have the gear indicator. good diagnostic tool to make sure she keeps up to snuff. :)

Whats warranty got to do with anything ... LOL
Hell, I started in on her with less than 2 months on the clock. Stuff like exhaust and software manipulation is not like adding turbos or nitrous ... triumph did what we've been doing for years with the changes that make the roadster what it is. I doubt your dealer would have an issue with something as inocuous as a GiPro, hell, just tell them its a gear position indicator (it is too). My dealer didn't even know what it was ... and this was while doing the PCIII dyno tune. It's still under warranty and have never had an issue or been told that there could be a problem.
There is alot of talk that Triumph wont honor the warranty with performance upgrades, personally I haven't seen or read anything that worries me about the little things. I'm sure if I showed up with a blown head gasket and either a turbo or nitrous bottle hanging off the side, there might be an issue. But I wouldnt wait 2 years to enjoy the extra performance. IMHO
Whatever you do .... Enjoy the bike!

Back