** SOLD ** Bug for sale or trade

mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
As many of you know i have been working on this car for 10 years,, time to move to something else, it just sits and i have way too many toys, time to downsize, it has tons of money and new parts in it, will trade for something fun or take $8000, if it sells good and if it don't also good:)
IMG_1403.JPG
bug3.jpg
bug2.jpg

Posted it on CL locally and looks like i may have a potential buyer with a sweet Ducati trade:)

Careful on that sand and buff and who you take it to. That's a beautiful job and someone who isn't a good auto painter can really screw it up. Detail shops don't generally do final buffs; paint shops do.

After the final coat of clear is applied and sets up, it is sanded with a very find grade of sandpaper, actually buffed with it. The grit of the sandpaper depends on on how good a job you want, such as a "flat finish", which is show quality. With a flat finish they take out all of the imperfections and thickness variations in the clear coat, hence the term. The grade and thickness of the clear coat also comes into play on what kind of final buff job you want.

On my truck I asked for the flat finish on which the finish guy used up to 3500 grit and took about an additional 4 hours of buffing over what would be a normal buff out. Even with that I took it back a few times to have them fix some minor flaws I found under shop lights. I took this pic the other evening after I finished installing the instrument cluster.

Old Ford (1632 x 1224).jpg

And that's the Nomad you and Lorrena will be riding. I have it set up for roadster style with just the fender rack now but I'll have the passenger seat/rear rack and backrest installed for you. Both seats are Mustang which also included a rider backrest if you want to use it.

And that's a very fine bug there Lupe. Nicely done. It really is a labor of love isn't it.

I'll probably be selling my old truck too.

Back