For Sale Sold Brand New Sealed OEM Heated Grip Kit (A9638014)

Jay

E pluribus unum
Ride
2023 Rocket 3 GT (Ego), 2021 Zero SR/S (Earth)
Sold.

Selling a brand new, sealed in the box, Triumph OEM Heated grip kit. This is part number A9638014. This is compatible with all Roadsters from 2005 - 2018 (likely 2019 as well) plus Classic and Tourer. I looked at pictures of the wiring harness and it appears to connect to the Touring as well, which is why I bought this kit, but decided to go in a different direction.

A2F54335-B949-4C28-ACA5-768644BB4DB1.jpeg
E9AB4F2D-F8C3-4C4D-9CB9-3691986A3D12.jpeg
BDFD1877-E6B1-449C-B1BC-CDEFF1D03358.jpeg

Last edited:
I just purchased a set to fix my '14 Touring; same looking box, but it's part number A9638027. I've never had a Roadster or a Classic so I can't speak to the differences. I've loved my set. At max temp I wouldn't be able to hold on to the grips without gloves (though I always wear gloves...).
-MIG

I just purchased a set to fix my '14 Touring; same looking box, but it's part number A9638027. I've never had a Roadster or a Classic so I can't speak to the differences. I've loved my set. At max temp I wouldn't be able to hold on to the grips without gloves (though I always wear gloves...).
-MIG

Just curious, how long have you had them on your R3T? Reason I ask is I had a set on my 08. Used them for a couple of years and one of them broke, part where the throttle cable fed through snapped off. From what I heard from a few others who had the same thing happen it seems that the plastic can take only so many heat cycles before it becomes brittle and snaps. Left me on the side of the road, luckily only a few miles from home. Hopefully they changed the design from the earlier ones.

Just curious, how long have you had them on your R3T? Reason I ask is I had a set on my 08. Used them for a couple of years and one of them broke, part where the throttle cable fed through snapped off. From what I heard from a few others who had the same thing happen it seems that the plastic can take only so many heat cycles before it becomes brittle and snaps. Left me on the side of the road, luckily only a few miles from home. Hopefully they changed the design from the earlier ones.

5 years. I bought my '14 new and had them installed before she came home from the dealership. I then broke three sets within a 3 month period; same problem as you... a broken throttle grip. (Fortunately each replacement was a warranty item.) Each time a grip broke it was shortly after I had gone out of town and tested the limits of the throttle as I learned my new ride; not only cranking her wide open but probably going past the full length of the throttle cable... which applied a backwards strain to the mount point which then cracked and broke off. I remember the last time I did that (somewhat by mistake in the thrill of the moment) I was thinking "****! My throttle will break within about 50 miles..." ...and it did. Since that day I've never cranked the grip that hard and that far again... with no grip issues. It *probably* keeps me out of trouble... However, since that first time I keep my OEM throttle grip in my bike tool kit... just in case. My latest issue is the grips began to turn on by themselves; even when the switch is set to off. I'll be replacing the relay and if needed the switch this weekend. They don't make them anymore so I doubt they fixed the issue (I haven't opened the box yet). I got the full set, actually I have two now, so I can have parts before they start to sell like gold nuggets or the elusive pannier rails on Ebay.
-MIG

I’ve had mine since new (6 summers) with no issue. I wonder if some installs are forgetting to put the required free play in the cables.

I’ve had mine since new (6 summers) with no issue. I wonder if some installs are forgetting to put the required free play in the cables.
Good point. If I remember correctly, the set that's lasted was installed by a different tech then the first two.
-MIG

Back