So I helped a guy pick up his Triumph Rocket 3 in a parking lot... (just venting)

Rameshsalvi

Standard Bore
Ride
Duke
I was hanging out at my buddy's repair shop, and I watched a guy pull into the parking lot of a kitchen supply store across the street on a new Triumph Rocket 3. He tried to make a U-turn and dropped the bike. He tried to pick it up, but I think they weigh about 800lbs, and it just wasn't going to happen. I walked across the street to help, and by the time I got over there, the guy's buddy had come out of the store to help him pick it up. As long as I was there I helped them get it upright, although granted the two of them probably could have managed.

After we got the bike back up, the guy totally ignored me. No thanks or anything, didn't even acknowledge I was standing there. I wanted to kick him in the *****and push his bike back over.

I wasn't looking for the world's most heartfelt thank you, I know his pride was hurt at this point, but a simple "Thanks dude" would have been plenty.

Im sure that experience won't stop you helping out the next person who needs assistance :thumbsup:

I stopped to change a flat for someone once and a fella pulled up behind me to offer another pair of hands..job was pretty done and all he did was put the flat in the ladies car...she offered me some cash as a thankyou and when i refused the other grabbed it and hightailed himself outta there ... at least he said thanks as he legged it back to his car

I'm with @Fenners

I bet he was embarrassed and ashamed, at some level, and just wasn't thinking clearly. Been there, done that! Thanks for helping someone out!

Yes, should have given you a hand shake. Reminds me back 10 years finding a guy's wallet. Long story short, found a wallet on the ground with 100 bucks in it. Fell out of his pocket jogging around the track. Gave back the wallet. No thanks or nothing.

I was hanging out at my buddy's repair shop, and I watched a guy pull into the parking lot of a kitchen supply store across the street on a new Triumph Rocket 3. He tried to make a U-turn and dropped the bike. He tried to pick it up, but I think they weigh about 800lbs, and it just wasn't going to happen. I walked across the street to help, and by the time I got over there, the guy's buddy had come out of the store to help him pick it up. As long as I was there I helped them get it upright, although granted the two of them probably could have managed.

After we got the bike back up, the guy totally ignored me. No thanks or anything, didn't even acknowledge I was standing there. I wanted to kick him in the **** and push his bike back over.

I wasn't looking for the world's most heartfelt thank you, I know his pride was hurt at this point, but a simple "Thanks dude" would have been plenty.
Hey at least you helped and that makes the world a better place.
Maybe he will give someone some help in the future when an issue presents itself.
Probably just not his best moment, might have got home and said "man I forgot to thank that guy."

Rick

Back