so do idiots get to buy a new ecm?

teraeric

Turbocharged
Ride
2012 r3r
sigh... i thought my 2012 r3r was supposed to use the 20776 map... i guess it is not? i am a below 574812 vin... i was supposed to use 20355...

now i have a blinking engine light and tuneecu won't even reconnect...

any way out?

so we don't have to buy a new ecm... just come in and confess being an idiot then go back out and try again... unplugged and shutdown everything; started it all back up; tuneecu connected and i was able to put the original map back in... now to try the right map...

it looks like the 20355-2 would be the right map?

Only thing that makes you different to everyone else is your premature confession. Glad you got it sussed.

Oh, and I have no clue about tune ECU. And your first post is pretty much why.

Last edited:
the cable is a pretty fiddly bit... i guess i was lucky i got it to connect enough times to get my original map back... i'm pretty good at sorting out drivers and such on windows, but this thing definitely not for the faint of heart...

has anyone else had the cable die? it has a logic board in it, so there certainly are parts to puke... it's the one from crescent trading...

The only difference between the 20355 and the later "unrestricted" map (20776) is the secondary throttle table. Just set all of the values to 100 in 20355 and you have an unrestricted tune. There are some high end values less than 100 and to avoid running lean at the high end, it would be advisable to copy those values into 20355.

Last edited:
The only difference between the 20355 and the later "unrestricted" map (20776) is the secondary throttle table. Just set all of the values to 100 in 20355 and you have an unrestricted tune. There are some high end values less than 100 and to avoid running lean at the high end, it would be advisable to copy those values into 20355.

this is interesting, because it may mean that the cable malfunctioning may have screwed up the download of the tune? Because my bike was dead after i downloaded 20776... i'm getting the guy to send me a replacement cable...

can people post where they got their cable? this guy was supposed to be the guy to get the cable from according to other posts/sites...

I'm pretty sure I got mine from e-bay and it came from China. It is a silver cable with a blue plastic head with CE on it. People have had problems with these cables. I know of no evidence that a cable could destroy your ECU or lock it out on a 2012 T-Bird.

The TuneECU site has sources for cables. Here's one in the US:

http://www.cjdesignsllc.com/?s=TuneECU

Back