Sneezing 3rd injector on idle??

RockyIII

Supercharged
Hi chaps, yet another issue that requires assistance. For the past few weeks I've been getting a quick sneezing sounds coming from the rear injector when the bike is warming up on idle and I've also noticed the same sound when I switch off the bike.

I've tried tightening the ring clamps around the injector for the airbox but that hasn't made a difference and I can't feel any air escaping. So now I really don't know where to look next.

Have any captains out there any knowledge about this issue. It seems to dissapear when the bike has warmed up some but low throttle revs seems a bit lumpy/hesitant, could it be a fuel issue? injector cleaner maybe? Thanks for your assistance on this.

Hi chaps, yet another issue that requires assistance. For the past few weeks I've been getting a quick sneezing sounds coming from the rear injector when the bike is warming up on idle and I've also noticed the same sound when I switch off the bike.

I've tried tightening the ring clamps around the injector for the airbox but that hasn't made a difference and I can't feel any air escaping. So now I really don't know where to look next.

Have any captains out there any knowledge about this issue. It seems to dissapear when the bike has warmed up some but low throttle revs seems a bit lumpy/hesitant, could it be a fuel issue? injector cleaner maybe? Thanks for your assistance on this.

Can I ask..How did you pin it down to No3 injector?

Could it be a Gasket blowing.. or an Air leak on the intake side.
Loose Spark Plug seating ?

Ignition timing.. Crank Angle sensor.

Just thinking aloud here.

Hi Dennsell, thanks for replying.

This afternoon (all afternoon) I decided to take on the job of trying to resolve this issue after reading about how to adjust the MAP number for each cylinder to read the same number as I already knew that cylinder 3 (rear) was off from the reading of cyl 1&2 from when I installed my custom tune.
I believe it may have been yourself that passed on the link to me on how to do this from the other R3 site.
So when I checked the numbers today cyl.1 was a bit higher than cyl.2 and cyl.3 was down a lot. I was hoping that this was the problem. So after removing the PITA air box stuff I was able to easily adjust the screws so that numbers read the same, somewhere around 68 for each of them. I then fired her up and all was good,
all three were changing numbers in harmony.
Then the ROYAL pain commenced. I battled and battled to put back the airbox as there is a serious clearance issue getting it over the screw holes. After lots of blood, sweat and almost tears and cursing I managed it but I just couldn't manage to put back the two screws that hold the airbox. It all seemed sturdy enough though without those two screws which are quite deep to reach under the frame tubing.
After all put back together, I fired her up again and there was no sneezing whatsoever. I think it may have been to do with loose clamps/MAP numbers.

P.S I never want to go through that experience again as putting back all that @#@# is seriously a PITA, I would recommend anyone to think twice before doing what I successfully managed to do, thank god.

Thanks.

I had a similar issue last month, a bit of spluttering while riding also.

Fuel was low so filled up with fresh gas and immediately the problem went away.

So it seems I have some crap in my fuel tank that will need flushing out sooner or later. For the moment I'm keeping the fuel up to it and no problem.

:(

Then the ROYAL pain commenced. I battled and battled to put back the airbox as there is a serious clearance issue getting it over the screw holes. After lots of blood, sweat and almost tears and cursing I managed it but I just couldn't manage to put back the two screws that hold the airbox. It all seemed sturdy enough though without those two screws which are quite deep to reach under the frame tubing.
After all put back together, I fired her up again and there was no sneezing whatsoever. I think it may have been to do with loose clamps/MAP numbers.

P.S I never want to go through that experience again as putting back all that @#@# is seriously a PITA, I would recommend anyone to think twice before doing what I successfully managed to do, thank god.

Thanks.

Exactly why I went with pods.

This afternoon (all afternoon) I decided to take on the job of trying to resolve this issue after reading about how to adjust the MAP number for each cylinder to read the same number as I already knew that cylinder 3 (rear) was off from the reading of cyl 1&2 from when I installed my custom tune.
I believe it may have been yourself that passed on the link to me on how to do this from the other R3 site.
So when I checked the numbers today cyl.1 was a bit higher than cyl.2 and cyl.3 was down a lot. I was hoping that this was the problem. So after removing the PITA air box stuff I was able to easily adjust the screws so that numbers read the same, somewhere around 68 for each of them. I then fired her up and all was good,

Thanks.

I'm still fighting this issue. Same cylinder too, number three. No matter what I do I can't get it to come up to the others. Had the throttle body off. Gaskets are good. Replaced the vacuum line from the map sensor. Unless there is another entry point for air to enter the T.B. ?

Hi Manic, sorry to hear that you are still having this problem. Unfortunately I'm not mechanically minded enough to help you there, but I assume that you've tried turning the left and right screw either side of the centre throttle bottle to adjust cyl.1 and cyl.3 to match that of cyl.2.

Nearly all of my ring clamps were loose that secure the plastic air box and around the throttle bodies, may also help to double check.

I don't know what else could cause the problem other than what I did. Maybe another captain can be of assistance.

Thanks.
Glad you got it sorted .. and yes you found the worse part of working on the top of the motor.
When you fit Triple K&Ns that problem is solved and you can easily get to the 2 TB screws.

I'm still fighting this issue. Same cylinder too, number three. No matter what I do I can't get it to come up to the others. Had the throttle body off. Gaskets are good. Replaced the vacuum line from the map sensor. Unless there is another entry point for air to enter the T.B. ?

Have you done a compression check ?
I was thinking, maybe some leakage internally caused by loss of valve clearance, piston ring blow by, affecting vacuum volume or lack off

Throttle body Sync tool..
Motion Pro - Syncpro Carb Tuner

Thinking Aloud again..Dont know what else to suggest.. :)

Back