Snap locks/ scotch locks

TRIIICK

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III 01 Roadking 08 Busa
I found a nice pair of Rivco LED mirrors that need to be wired in to the electrical system. Has anyone used these Snap Locks or can suggest the best way of wiring them into the system. Advice appreciated..

I found a nice pair of Rivco LED mirrors that need to be wired in to the electrical system. Has anyone used these Snap Locks or can suggest the best way of wiring them into the system. Advice appreciated..

I've used them. I wouldn't say they suck, but only because I haven't had one fail, but they sure don't fill me with confidence. An OK quick fix but I wouldn't leave them as a permanent connection.

I've used them. I wouldn't say they suck, but only because I haven't had one fail, but they sure don't fill me with confidence. An OK quick fix but I wouldn't leave them as a permanent connection.

Years ago I used those wiring my Dune Buggy. Had numerous failures from the spade that cuts through the donor wire and into the piggy back wire insulation eventually allowing the wire to pull out as if stripping it.

They actually cut the wire thus reducing the current load capability of the wire, I wont use them. I am a solderer....:thumbsup:

Do not use scotch lock they suck. As others have said solder, heat shrink or posi lock. If you don't solder use posi lock.

I have used them to add my vampire unit to the bike. Someday I will go back and figure a way to tap in and solder the connections. but they have not failed yet. Of course all they do is alter the spark timing verses boost level or if there is a detonation. Now that you brought this up I might as well solder them this time when I go back together with the engine. :)

Back