captain jack

Turbocharged
Been out today, a trip down into Wales, a place called Aberystwyth on the coast looking out onto Cardigan bay (that's for friends outside UK). What a lovely run on good roads with nice bends, only troubled by traffic holding me up. Sat at diner on the promenade having fish & chips (fries) sun shining from a blue sky, a few cups of coffee & ready for the ride home which was busy due to the timing, end of working day as I hit civilisation. Anyway I just wanted to say that I got home with a huge smile on my face, stupid really but these Rockets just have something that makes me feel good, even if I did go grass tracking at one stage, don't know why, I really should be more careful.:D:D:D:D:D

Thats a great part of wales capn' Jack...I rode a bicycle through there on a month long tour in '94. I have been back (American, Anchorage AK) to Great Britain a few times since then...I particularly love Scotland, but also enjoy Southeast England...Canterbury and the coast. My route took me through Aberystwyth, where I met a gal from London that I nearly married (shouldnt have let that one go!) and up to the top of Wales to Conwy (sp?) Loved the walled town and castle there. Like many here, I cant get that grin off my face either...in fact, here in a half hour I will be off work and setting out on a ride down the Seward highway...a beautiful length of Alaska highway. I also remember a wonderful town called "Hey-On-Wey" but I dont remember if that was in England or Wales. Once I crossed the border to Wales I recall that a number of people were unintelligible to my ear. The Scots a bit challanging too. -Doug McAllister

Ahh brings back childhood memories, of course that was just a couple of years ago now since I was there. Glad you enjoyed your day in spite of the work traffic and grass !!

Thats a great part of wales capn' Jack...I rode a bicycle through there on a month long tour in '94. I have been back (American, Anchorage AK) to Great Britain a few times since then...I particularly love Scotland, but also enjoy Southeast England...Canterbury and the coast. My route took me through Aberystwyth, where I met a gal from London that I nearly married (shouldnt have let that one go!) and up to the top of Wales to Conwy (sp?) Loved the walled town and castle there. Like many here, I cant get that grin off my face either...in fact, here in a half hour I will be off work and setting out on a ride down the Seward highway...a beautiful length of Alaska highway. I also remember a wonderful town called "Hey-On-Wey" but I dont remember if that was in England or Wales. Once I crossed the border to Wales I recall that a number of people were unintelligible to my ear. The Scots a bit challanging too. -Doug McAllister
Hey-on-Wye is in Wales Douglas, it is famous for it book shops & a festival of books every year. I found out only today that Henry Winkler (The Fonz) is attending there next week, he does a lot of work over here with children especially those with dyslexia.

Jack
Have you still got the ZZR..how are you doing with it

RJ
Yes Ray still got the ZZR, use it for short fun runs only as its too uncomfortable for long journeys. The Rocket is a much easier ride even though the handling is not as easy as the Kawasaki. Not the bike at fault just me being to bloody old to sit on one of the fastest & sleekest bikes on the planet.

Yes Ray still got the ZZR, use it for short fun runs only as its too uncomfortable for long journeys. The Rocket is a much easier ride even though the handling is not as easy as the Kawasaki. Not the bike at fault just me being to bloody old to sit on one of the fastest & sleekest bikes on the planet.

Know what you mean Jack..there's quite a few bikes that get my attention and after an hour or two's test ride I've gotta get off:eek:
The Rocket and the Goldwing are a good combination for me :thumbsup:
Take care Jack..regards to the family
Ray

Back