Smartphone mount options

UberR3

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Roadster
For those of you who use a smartphone while riding (TuneECU, GPS, etc)....what kind of mounting and holder are you using? Is it waterproof of just open? What kind of mounting system did you use? My default go-to company is RAM Mounts but I'm curious what others have used. Post pictures if you have them. And also list pros/cons.

You'll get some replies -- excellent topic.

Meanwhile, you could update your profile with location.

And go to "Introduce Yourself" and, well, introduce yourself.

Last edited:
I use the RAM mount with X Grip... only thing i have found that will hold an iPhone 6s Plus easily

Ram is very nice but they don't really offer a phone mount system that is "waterproof" or at least water resistant?

How exactly did you mount the RAM? Bar mount? Where?

If it's raining, I have more things to worry about than music and gps while i'm riding. Phone goes in the tank bag.

The clamp is on the left handlebar. Parts below...

If it's raining, I have more things to worry about than music and gps while i'm riding. Phone goes in the tank bag.

The clamp is on the left handlebar. Parts below...

Sure, I get that but I'm using my Note 3 to monitor ECU parameters via TuneECU so I need something I can keep on the bike (handlbars) regardless of weather. Something I can simply unplug and grab the phone with me when I leave the bike. I could get a case for the phone but that leaves the USB cable dangling. I was hoping to find a nice all-in-one weatherproof case that mounts on the handlebars and keeps the cabling "hardwired".

A nice, solid, plexiglass case should do it - although it may then be a bit difficult to operate your phone.

I have ram mounts on both my bikes and while they work I've always preferred the absolute solid and awesome slip grip mount. I've got an iPhone 4s in an otterbox and they have an exact fitting mount for that and many other phones and devices. Google slipgrip mounts and have a look.

Separate the waterproofing from the mount if you need to use the device even if it rains.

Personally I used a Lifeproof.com IP68-rated case for my phone last year, and then put that on the X-Grip. RAM is the way to go with mounts, very sturdy stuff, and the mounting ball you need on the handlebars can be put in on multiple locations - handlebar bolt replacement, clutch/throttle clamp replacement, mirror stem, etc.

This, maybe:

Back