Slow throttle response

houkster

.020 Over
I had a slow idle return (not as much as 20 seconds though) after I had the dealer talked into trying to lower my idle from about 850 to 750. He could only get it to about 800 or it " ran crappy" per the mechanic. As soon as I took off I got the slow response and went back in the next week to return it to factory spec... It doesn't like to be tinkered with.

Throttle Lag

I had the same problen after my dealer loaded the new tune for decat & TORs. It made the engine rev up between gear changes when accelerating hard. I figured it was the software and possibly it 'learnt' as it seemed to gradually go away in another 1000m or so.
P.S I think the tune is rubbish, the exhaust popping and banging is embarrassing and I am arguing with Triumph over it.

I can't speak for the ECU on these bikes but this is a common thing to have happen in ECU controlled cars during season/climate changes throughout the year as it relearns pressure, temperature, etc.

Although this may be the TSB fix issue, it sounds like this ECU may have a little more trouble dealing with things like climate. After your fix, have you done a 12 minute to see if that fixes it?

Back