Slight leak from water pump

cusso ken

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 touring
Alas the first gremlin has shown its ugly head on my 2011 R3T, today doing a temperature check on my exhaust manifold for a fellow member ,I caught out the corner of my eye a slight drip from the water pump,it is only a bead of coolant every now and again,But from experience with many water pumps over the years first the seal goes then the bearing ,has anyone replaced the seal/bearing or does the whole cover and pump have to be replaced ,the leak is from between the block and the back section of the pump I have ckecked all he hoses and the retaining bolts ,am I in for a nightmare or an easy fix, any advice appreciated

When my water pump went bad it was a slight drop from the weep hole as the bike was still under warranty I had the dealer put a new pump on.Sorry not to have any answer for you.

DSCN1763.JPG
DSCN1765.JPG
DSCN1764.JPG
Water Pump Pics.
My new spare Water Pump.

A good idea ,on Ebay I can get one from the US for Aud$200 plus freight ,it may only be the O ring on the housing ,I am not too keen on pricing one from our Local stealer,
O ring in the pic will only stop oil leaking out

The seal behind the impeller is epoxied to the pump body. On mine that glue joint let go. The problem is, you have to destroy the outer shaft seal to remove it. That's the only way to get to the cir-clip that holds everything together. I know Triumph doesn't sell the seals / bearings etc.

The seal behind the impeller is epoxied to the pump body. On mine that glue joint let go. The problem is, you have to destroy the outer shaft seal to remove it. That's the only way to get to the cir-clip that holds everything together. I know Triumph doesn't sell the seals / bearings etc.

Thanks mate ,it looks like a new pump is the answer ,if I take my one off now before it shi*** it self I will have a working spare as a temporary replacement ,just depends how long it takes to get a new one

Back