Sissybar Removal and Mudguard Covers

R3Rx118

.060 Over
Ride
2015 R3Rx118
So I'm thinking of removing the sissybar/luggage rack that were on the bike when I bought it. From what I can tell I'd need a set of the stock mudguard covers, which I do not have, to make this change and go back to stock? Does anyone know if that is correct and if Triumph sells just the mudguards? Seems like Triumph stopped making a lot of stuff for the Rocket.
So I'd need a solo seat and set of mudguards?

Triumph Rocket III - Classic - Roadster motorcycle parts for Mudguards | Triumph Motorcycles | triumph-select-model-part | Triumph Parts | Triumph Clothing | Triumph Accessories

Assuming it's assembled the way my Touring is, then yes, you just need the chrome rails on the sides that cover the bolts.

Yes they sell mud guard covers and you can use any of the triumph seats that fit the Standard, Classic, or Tourer. Ya just have to make sure you have the correct rear mounting plate for which ever seat you choose. Non of the R3T seats will fit without modifications.

Note that says Tourer, not Touring. The Touring is quite different. I mean, he did write R3T but in case it wasn't clear...

Plenty of both seats and mudguards on Ebay. If you want both the rider and passenger seats, make sure you get the same model year as the later Roadster models are made with carbon fiber looking vinyl. Oh, and the mudguards for the later Rockets are dull black.

Yes they sell mud guard covers and you can use any of the triumph seats that fit the Standard, Classic, or Tourer. Ya just have to make sure you have the correct rear mounting plate for which ever seat you choose. Non of the R3T seats will fit without modifications.
For a solo seat, do I need any mounting plate? It originally came with a solo seat on it, but I didn't get that when I bought the bike, but looking under the seat it seems like it just locks into a center 'pin' which I believe is the locking mechanism for the key. Is that correct?

Triumph Rocket III - Classic - Roadster motorcycle parts for Mudguards | Triumph Motorcycles | triumph-select-model-part | Triumph Parts | Triumph Clothing | Triumph Accessories

Assuming it's assembled the way my Touring is, then yes, you just need the chrome rails on the sides that cover the bolts.
Yeah I looked on Bike Bandit, they show the drawing but don't have the parts listed. Looked at the other link, didn't realize they were so expensive. That's like Harley prices there.

For a solo seat, do I need any mounting plate? It originally came with a solo seat on it, but I didn't get that when I bought the bike, but looking under the seat it seems like it just locks into a center 'pin' which I believe is the locking mechanism for the key. Is that correct?
No the mounting plate for the dual seat (has the post for the rear latch) is the same mount that is rivotted to the seperate passenger seat, used with your solo seat. This two piece seat was the standard seat prior to the roadster. It allows both solo and dual. When you got yours they must have forgot to give it to you.

No the mounting plate for the dual seat (has the post for the rear latch) is the same mount that is rivotted to the seperate passenger seat, used with your solo seat. This two piece seat was the standard seat prior to the roadster. It allows both solo and dual. When you got yours they must have forgot to give it to you.
Oh...got ya. I think I'm good then. I have the mounting plate that's attached to attached to the rear fender and has the mounting point for the seat one piece seat that came with the bike. You can see it in my avatar photo. So for just a solo seat, no passenger, I'd remove that mounting plate and the solo seat would attach to the mounting point down near the battery. And I'm assuming that's also keyed?

Back