Sissy bar - Rack Question

dazzybabie

.020 Over
Hi All,

I have a question abour the triuph rack for the rocket. I would like to know what sort of loading it can take and how sturdy it is. Me n the missus go to bike rallies and on our trident, we have a rack n top box. which we would load up with supplies, tent n sleeping bags.

Now i have the rocket, and k lock pannies. Looking at the triumph rack it dont look that sturdy, so i wondered what experience you have all had with the rack. Is it strong? what kind of load can it take?

I look forward to your advice chaps

Thanks

Dazzy

The rack on my R3T has a load capacity of about 15 lbs, IIRC. That's actually pretty standard for most racks.

Hell, I think some one could ride back there .... We strapped a medium size suit case to the rack on our trip to Niagara Falls (she packed it, and she don't travel light!). It weighed around 45 lbs ... overall we tipped the scale at 1300lbs, so there was just under 125 lbs of total luggage.
The OEM Triumph sissy bar and rack is very solid, the mounts bolt right to the sturdy subframe under the fender.

Last edited:
Thanks for you views chaps. obviuosly a lot better than i thought.

Loooks like i better let the moths out my wallet and go and buy one

Thanks again

Daz

Thanks for you views chaps. obviuosly a lot better than i thought.

Loooks like i better let the moths out my wallet and go and buy one

Thanks again

Daz

I have a 30 pound Harley Tour Pack mounted on mine and have loaded it completely plenty of times. It'll do anything you ask it to do! :)

This is a picture of the set up I had going to Key West in '08. Between tools (for other's motorcycle repairs....ended up not using them), a laptop, clothes and shoes I probably had around 45 lbs easily siting on the luggage rack. And that is not counting what I had in the beetle bags.

Dennis

84 dtg Kuwait
85 dtg Home

This is a picture of the set up I had going to Key West in '08. Between tools (for other's motorcycle repairs....ended up not using them), a laptop, clothes and shoes I probably had around 45 lbs easily siting on the luggage rack. And that is not counting what I had in the beetle bags.

Dennis

84 dtg Kuwait
85 dtg Home

Hey, I Love Your Red and Black Classic. I had an '06 before my Harley and my R3T. There are days when I still miss it but not quite as much now that I've gotten the HP back in the Touring. ;)

Hey, I Love Your Red and Black Classic. I had an '06 before my Harley and my R3T. There are days when I still miss it but not quite as much now that I've gotten the HP back in the Touring. ;)
Is this the tall or short sissy bar luggage rack in the the pic?
Thanks in advance

Back