Sissy bar - Rack Question

dazzybabie

.020 Over
Hi All,

I have a question abour the triuph rack for the rocket. I would like to know what sort of loading it can take and how sturdy it is. Me n the missus go to bike rallies and on our trident, we have a rack n top box. which we would load up with supplies, tent n sleeping bags.

Now i have the rocket, and k lock pannies. Looking at the triumph rack it dont look that sturdy, so i wondered what experience you have all had with the rack. Is it strong? what kind of load can it take?

I look forward to your advice chaps

Thanks

Dazzy

Well...... I'm not sure if this will help or not...... but my 14 year old son.....acting like 14 year olds do...... actually sat on it in the driveway. He weights approx. 130lbs. He's was only on it about 20-30 sec.s before I told him to get off....... and no damage was done. Though I would not recommend that kind of weight. I regularly carry a big tote on the back which is approx. 2x's bigger then the bottom rack but I would guess the most it weighs is 20-30 lbs. w/ what I put in it. To me it seems really solid....... it just needs to be bigger at times....... but thats what you get for aesthetics.

i load a 5 man tent, sleeping bags for 2, towels, cooking equipment enough clothes for me for the week (the wife gets the panniers), airbed, pump, probably 25 - 30kgs and its absolutely fine.

me and stb look like the beverly hillbillys going down the road to a rally dont know how much wieght but aint had no problems with it being loaded down

Thanks for your advice folks,

Bought one today of ebay for £180 so all set for rally season.

Found a complete back end, swingarm wheel tyre hub the lot for £185 on ebay. Brand new to boot

Struggle to get a rear tyre for that!!!

Dazzy

Back