Since when has triumph powder coated wheels?

Oldschool

.040 Over
Ride
R3 roadster
I just got my new wheel from triumph. I was surprised to see it is powder coated black other than the lip? I like the way it looks except it won't match my gloss powder coating on my front wheel :(. They sent the number that's listed for a 2011 roadster. I never have seen the powder coating style on a r3 before?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 2
Very different to the rear wheel on my 2010 Roadster, mine is polished with black inserts (not sure if powder coated, suspect paint)

Doesn't really look like the colours I've seen on R3s. Maybe the X or the latest Roadsters have wheels that colour?

Very different to the rear wheel on my 2010 Roadster, mine is polished with black inserts (not sure if powder coated, suspect paint)

Doesn't really look like the colours I've seen on R3s. Maybe the X or the latest Roadsters have wheels that colour?
Agree but me likes

I am wondering if the 2016 roadster has that wheel style because of people complaining about the issues keeping the uncoated wheels clean... I will have to get my front wheel powder coated to match over winter.

That rear wheel is from the limited edition X model, but may also be the 2016 model wheel as well?

Back