canecorso

The custom seat man
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
I'm going to attempt to wire up my back signals I just bought, I made the bracket out of stainless steel.
Took off the chrome cover and noticed the two screws that screw into the fender was loose so I went to tighten them and they keep on turning? They will not tighten, is it just a thread through the fender? That could be striped? I looked under the fender hard to tell should there be a nut? I felt with the fingers and seem the scew keeps on turning and doesn't seem like there is a bolt?
As any one came across this? And how did you fix it? If I take the screw out seem like that brake is attached with the spring and I could be in a bigger problem.

And also is there any one that has step by step on how they wired it up the two back signals, and what colour wires is for the singnals? How do you hide the wires so there not seen? Or hanging over tire?
Should I use the wire on side showen that was the connection to my trunk for singnals and brake lights.
And the other side do I run the wires from under fender?and how do you prevent wires from hanging?
It seems there's only wire brackets that are in the middle under fender.
I'm a visual person so any pictures of videos will for sure help me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 0
What wires would be for the left signal? And the right? And there is no black wire, therefore, what colour would be ground? This was wired up by someone for my trunk signal lights and brake.
And I'm trying to hook up some side signal lights, too, and not sure which wire to use.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 0
In the movies you cut the red wire.

Can you not follow those wires to your existing lights and work your way back? Your fender thread may be stripped maybe a slightly longer bolt and nut?

Mine has a nut on the left side only, that I have to hold - I guess someone before me stripped out threads & replaced with a nut :confused:
What Kenne said bout the wires

u need to post which rocket u have there r several wiring diagrams.
one way would be to take an volt/ohm meter and verify which wires r ground and which r positive turn signals. if i were do this i would verify the pos turn check the color of it and try to find it before it goes into the rear fender. of coarse i just remember i have saddle bags that conceal the wires so i do not know how to advice u.

Yeah I was afraid I might need to do that, but having the tire on will be a pain to trace wire doesn't seem to have much slack.
If I use the guessing game sine I don't know how to use a volt meter would I just blow fuzes, or will I have a bigger problem?
bolt just keeps on turning I can't even get it out to put longer one in so I could put a nut.
Perhaps I'll just leave it the rest are tight.

volt meter not that hard to learn u just set it to 20 volts the red wire goes into the the place on the meter that says volts in the meter. then u turn the ign on and put black wire from meter to bat ground and the other to one of the wires at turn signal if the meter shows 0 then move the meter red wire to the other turn signal wire should show about 12 volts flashing 12 then 0 and repeteing that pattern. when u have the right wire u check the color codes then u know which wire to tap into.
if u r not willing to use volt meter i would say have some one that knows how do the job. guessing at which wire can cost u a lot of money.:sick:
mechanics charge a lot to fix screw ups.

i guess u could use a test light by hooking the clamp to bat ground and use the probe in the sockets of the turn signal socket with the ign on and turn signal on.just watch the the probe so u dont get shorted against the side of the socket. i sometimes put a little vacuum hose on it to prevent it from shorting.
i could help u with info but i dont do weekends.

What wires would be for the left signal? And the right? And there is no black wire, therefore, what colour would be ground? This was wired up by someone for my trunk signal lights and brake.
And I'm trying to hook up some side signal lights, too, and not sure which wire to use.

As I look at that bundle of wires in your fingers it appears they have been tapped off from different locations and are not typical to the rocket roadster or classic wiring. The rear signal wires (from a posted manual) for your bike appears to be Green/Red (left) and Green/White (right). The dominant color of the wire is the first color and the stripe is the second color in the above code. Black is traditionally the ground wire. You will have to trace that bundle back to were it has been spiced in to determine which new wire color wire corresponds to the actual wires you want. As suggested, the easiest way would be to use a volt meter to determine which wire is active during signal operation. Some of the other wires you show in the bundle may serve other lighting functions. Basically you are dealing with a common ground wire for both signals and just two other wires to determine which of the two wires will feed the left signal, and the wire that will feed right signal.

Thanks you guys I'll give it a try tomorrow.
I guess the easiest would be to run some wire up to the front left signal and run wire up to the right signal and then hook them up :)

Back