Plow Horse

Supercharged
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster (Edsel)
I am finding myself in need of self cancelling turn signals, (forgetting to cancel them way to often) I’m going to get myself rubbed out if I don’t correct this. Seen at lot of good comments about the Signal Minder unit. Are there any caveats to using this unit? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Last edited:
I am finding myself in need of self cancelling turn signals, (forgetting to cancel them way to often) I’m going to get myself rubbed out if I don’t correct this. Seen at lot of good comments about the Signal Minder unit. Are there any caveats to using this unit? Thank you in advance for your reply.
You just missed a lengthy thread on this subject. One thing you probably do not want to mess with the signal switch. Even though they give you the idea it's easy to insert a thin piece of plastic to override the cancel button. It's not! It a good way to lose the tiny springs in the switch and really give yourself a problem. Good luck I've had mine for years works flawlessly.

This may be the recent thread @CrzystghndKC was referring to....

Blinker Cancel / Running Lights / Flashing Brake

I think it's an important investment. The only drawback is the constant flashing instrument light, which tape or a snipped wire can easily remedy.

Very easy to install. I have mine set up with the signal lights also working as running lights (suggest changing to LEDs). When braking they also flash.

This may be the recent thread @CrzystghndKC was referring to....

Blinker Cancel / Running Lights / Flashing Brake

I think it's an important investment. The only drawback is the constant flashing instrument light, which tape or a snipped wire can easily remedy.

Very easy to install. I have mine set up with the signal lights also working as running lights (suggest changing to LEDs). When braking they also flash.
No it was about which was better signal minder or one of its competitors. Then evolved into a discussion of why there is a signal minder listed for the R3 TOURING when it already has self canceling signals. I learned 1: R3 Roadster /Classic/Standard have no self canceling signals
2: R3 TOURER same as Classic has no self canceling signals
3: R3 TOURING has self canceling signals
The person that started the thread had a Tourer and said he had a Touring which led to some confusion on my part.

Last edited:
Don't know what the fuss is all bout. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Rode the fatboy for six months before i realized it had self cancelling turn signals.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
Like I grew up without a dishwasher and when I moved into an apartment with one I lived there for a year before I ever used it. Such a luxury.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Don't know what the fuss is all bout. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Rode the fatboy for six months before i realized it had self cancelling turn signals.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
With a population of 12 including the dogs and cats. I would imagine you wouldn’t know what all the fuss is about.

If I were going to fit a "canceler" - I would look hard at the https://safer-turn.com/ - A bit more advanced. I have just fitted their inertia brake flasher.

But I really do not like the idea of fiddling with things in the switch. Simply because these days I simply do not see well close up (even with glasses).

Back