Signal lights not working

bikingforliking06

Standard Bore
Hello all: I have a 2008 Rocket 111 Touring. It only has 970 km's and when i went to start ther bike after being in storage since last august, the signal lights are not working. There is one light flash ( indicator ) in the speedometer housing and in the tail light then nothing. Any ideas ?

bikingforliking06 said:
Hello all: I have a 2008 Rocket 111 Touring. It only has 970 km's and when i went to start ther bike after being in storage since last august, the signal lights are not working. There is one light flash ( indicator ) in the speedometer housing and in the tail light then nothing. Any ideas ?

I wasn't able to understand whether you got the bike started. If not, make sure you have adequate power. If it did start, then check the fuses and check the light bulbs.

It's likely to be something very simple, unless you did something crazy like try to run 2x halogen lights off of the tail light circuit. But I cannot image anyone trying something like that.

Thank's for replying. I called the dealer where i purchased the bike and they mentioned that possibly try to charge up the battery again, then see if a light bulb was out, followed by taking it back to them. I got back to take the battery out to try charging it again and said what the heck, i'll try it again. This time after starting the bike again, the signal lights were working fine. I called the dealer back and told him they now work fine, but he said maybe poor ground somewhere. I said I don't really want to take it back because of the 600 mile distance but if it happens again i will be taking it back and they were ok with that. Thanks again, as i am now happy i got my brand new bike the way it is supposed to be, working 100 percent

bikingforliking06 said:
Thank's for replying. I called the dealer where i purchased the bike and they mentioned that possibly try to charge up the battery again, then see if a light bulb was out, followed by taking it back to them. I got back to take the battery out to try charging it again and said what the heck, i'll try it again. This time after starting the bike again, the signal lights were working fine. I called the dealer back and told him they now work fine, but he said maybe poor ground somewhere. I said I don't really want to take it back because of the 600 mile distance but if it happens again i will be taking it back and they were ok with that. Thanks again, as i am now happy i got my brand new bike the way it is supposed to be, working 100 percent

I'm glad its working for you now. Keep a close eye on it though. Where are you that the nearest dealer is 600 miles!

Look at the battery where the to poles connect to the thick +/- wires, you will see next to each thick wire is another wire. If you follow each of these thinner wires they will end in a quick disconnect and continue on, one the ground wire to the starter and the other the brown or hot wire to the fuse box.

Tug on the quick disconnect, sometimes they do not line up inside and the terminal inside the disconnect is not touching the other side when it is connected.

I have found this on 3 Standard Rockets and 2 Touring models so far.

Back