sidecar on a rocket

subtle

.060 Over
Ride
04 rocket 3 trippleK N s (4040) exposed, remapped,deresticted. straight out multiple exhaust
got a old sidecar and want to mount it to my 04 rocket. want to be able to change back and forth thru the year thru several set ups, touring , town chopper, and chair .need to hear if anyone else has done it please.

Don't quote me but i think i read that Triumph advises against fitting sidecars to Rockets ... know it's been done but maybe worth looking into exactly why the factory warns against it. Think it was something to do with the frame or the lack of a frame at crucial places.

get ahold of sidecar flip,
a sponsor at this site.
flipmeisters.com
maybe he can help.
if not, another member has an orange dreamsicle one with a sidecar i think.
I can't remember who it was though.
Sorry, that's not much help is it?
Maybe somebody else remembers.

xhdskip

thanks for lead skip , at my limited level of rocket science, all and any is appreciated. will follow it up.

Don't quote me but i think i read that Triumph advises against fitting sidecars to Rockets ... know it's been done but maybe worth looking into exactly why the factory warns against it. Think it was something to do with the frame or the lack of a frame at crucial places.
Agreed, not a frame for chairs without a bolt in sub frame, to spread the load over wider area. Was thinking maybe bolt in double loop front frame from lower headstem / engine mount too rear eyelets, where centre stand would bolt up. braced underneath and a bash plate hidden between the tubing. whilst would not be solely structurally capable hanging chair from as a whole from 4 points ? will investigate feasability.

Like just about anything it's a good bet i can be done if someone is determined / obsessed enough to make it happen. I tried to ride a blokes old K750/4 Honda with a Dusting replica chair on it. Was about 25 years ago ... i was dead-set hopeless at it !!

Like just about anything it's a good bet i can be done if someone is determined / obsessed enough to make it happen. I tried to ride a blokes old K750/4 Honda with a Dusting replica chair on it. Was about 25 years ago ... i was dead-set hopeless at it !!

Ahh 3 wheels I love it been a while since Iv'e had a bike with 3 wheels but there alot of fun or atleast they were 20 years ago. Some blokes that haveridden for years can't work them out though. Ihad a Honda 4 trike and some of my mates never mastered it couldn't get it into their head to keep your feet on the pegs and turn the handle bars. Seen the same thing happen with sidecars or hook into a lefthander to fast back off with the chair in the air turn right to bring it back down and go off the wrong side of the road if theres nothing coming the other way. The best way around a lefthander if your going to fast is to accelerate to try to get the bike going faster than the chair to make it turn left. Braking will work in a right hander as long as you can keep the back wheel on or near the road otherwise the chair will nosedive into the road and flick you off. No doubt there are plenty of blokes on here that know alot more about riding sidecars than I do. I only know the little bit I know from trial and error about 30 years ago.

t.c. and oz B

guys Im out of practise with a chair. been over 20 odd years for me as well. ran an old outfit up the east coast melb to brissy lived out of it for about 3 months . Nothing classy was an russian dnieper flat out doing 120 ks with a tail wind . It was fun lifting the chair round town and carrying 4 in the chair back from pub runs. stay safe guys

sidecar seen!

When i was riding my roadster back to Darwin i passed a guy on a rocket classic with a sidecar, had a yarn with him at a roadster and he said he got it done in Sydney i think??? He said the fuel economy was awful but the was the quickest launching sidecar in Australia for sure. And it did look cool i admit

Welcome mate ... one of many loosecannons up in Darwin hey :D me and Catherine had 5 years up there.. bought my RIII from NT Cycles. You run into Mike or Legs , both Rocket Owners and two really top blokes. Rocket was 'the' bike to have up there before they brought the stupid 130k speed limit in .. not that there's really anyone to police it once you get past the Noonamah Pub ;)

Back