snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Flip, just wanted to let you know that I also now belong to the "dropped my Rocket" club. Just before my trip this weekend I was turning around "slowly" in my driveway, too slow and too much lean in my gravel driveway, and down she went. No damage, except my ego took a beating. By the time I picked her up, full gas tank and all, I noticed that I had spinal fluid in my underwear.:eek: Saved by the floor boards!

FLIP,
We also need replacment windshield hardware.
You could probablly make a small fortune selling that by itself.
To expensive for me to start it up,
I checked, but since you got a shop handy an all.:rolleyes:
Can you tell I need a set?

Snuff....

It's frigg'in heavy. You found out. I couldn't pick it up in ES. Of course you are younger and more 'spry' than I am. I watched some 'old fart' pick up a full dressed potato bike a while ago after he 'forgot' to put the sidestand down in a parking lot and she went down like a 'ton of potatoes'.

I think he found some 'inner strength' as he had an audience. Probably went into the mens room (it was at a diner) and pissed blood or had lumps in his shorts....I didn't stick around to find out.

The floorboards save the beast. No doubt. I'd not be without them. The peg scenario could be expensive as the bike drops over and all 700 plus pounds drive the shifter shaft inward, causing untold (an unseen) damage to the engine/transmission case.

I don't think that was Triumph's reason for the floorboards but it's a good reason to have 'em anyway.

My Rocket is always squirrely in my gravel drive and on the gravel road leading to the pavement. I'm never comfortable starting a ride because I know the first mile will be white knuckle, always. Whether it's a result of the steering geometry or the front tire cross section, I'm not sure. My other bikes don't display that 'less than satisfactory' behavoir. I guess it's just a 'hard pavement motorcycle' and thats it. However, real world situations include loose stone. BIL Bart lost his on loose gravel. Maybe that's why he sold it. His reason was he sold it to pay off his pickup truck, but with 6 other bikes, I find it hard to believe.

The drop in ES did cause some collateral damage that was unseen at first and may or may not appear on your bike depending on whether you have the same acessories I have.....I can't remember.

My windshield is cracking under the mounts on the left side (the side it went down on). I don't know if I inadvertently grabbed the windshield and tweaked it or what, but it's cracked and it's growing. ( sonunds like a Clearview in the near future).....

Skip....

What hardware? The mounts (on the fork legs) or the attachment strips? The mounts and hardware are made under license by National Cycle for Triumph and I've found out first hand (much to my dismay) that National Cycle is an absolute a'hole to deal with. Must be because they are located in Obamaland....... I wonder if Rahm Emanuel is on the Board of Directors......:eek:

Trust me, if I desired to make a 'small fortune', it wouldn't be in motorcycle acessories. I'd become a pimp or something financially rewarding. Just ask the owners of Custom Chrome...the bankruptcy court or HD, the soon to be bankruptcy court.

........That's why Clearview plainly states on their website that they are in no way affiliated and that no warranty is expressed or implied. It's obvious that they too, have had dealings with National Cycle.

Rusty....

Car 54, Where are you???:D

Last edited:
What's wrong with you guys? My bear man has picked mine up a couple of times. But of course I have also dropped it a couple of times when he wasn't around. I had no problems getting it back up.....not a bit of strain to me.....three or four guys usually run over and pick it up for me...pretty cool being a female. :D

yea the attachment strips.
The "fixing kit" is reasonable enough I guess,
but paying $500. for the windshield,
just to get the hardware is sorta crappy.
Thinkin I might cut some out of an old washer or dryer.
It's white not chrome, but at least its doable.

Back